Friend's Fresh 1100EZ Cooley Tribute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friend's Fresh 1100EZ Cooley Tribute

So one of my friends is 'retired' and spends his time working and riding on old bikes. He is a great painter and has a fantastic eye for detail, and has been somewhat of a motorcycle mentor to me. He's got quite the stable, including a really nice Kenny Roberts tribute RD350, and a nice champagne 1100EZ, that he bought new in 1982.

Another friend of ours has (among many other bikes) an Eddie Lawson tribute ZRX1100. Just before winter I suggested, half as a joke, that we paint up my GS850 as a Wes Cooley Tribute. This way we could have Lawson, Roberts, and Cooley on our ride up to the mountains. Well he thought it was a brilliant idea, but not for my bike, for his! A week later he had sourced a donor bike in Philadelphia, with a complete set of rattle can black bodywork.

He just sent me some pictures of his 'new' ride today. I think it came out pretty damn cool and I figured you guys would like to see it as well.

The tank, just before re-assembly. (Note his choice of shop clock )

Picture from one of his first post assembly shake down rides. (Also rebuilt and polished the folk lowers and a few other things)

And from his ride on it yesterday. (New rear suspension and other polished and updated bits and bobs)

For you guys working on your own projects, I hope this can inspire you to keep going. He completed the whole thing in about 2 months, and did all the paint work with a cheap gun outside. Just goes to show that fancy materials and tools aren't always needed to do fantastic work, just the know how.

Tim

Awesome job and look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Very nice indeed......

Comment

Working...
      X