Redying a Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redying a Seat

I have a really good condition seat on the GS1100G I just bought, but the PO had red inserts installed into the seat. This won't match the color I plan to repaint with. Has anybody ever tried to redye a seat? I looked on line and there are dyes available and info on how to do it, I just wondered if anybody here has ever actually tried it and how did it turn out? Thanks.

Find an upholstery shop nearby and take the seat to them. I am sure they would know what it would need.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I have had good luck with over the counter vinyl paint/dye. Smells horrific. Use it outside.

Here's the website for the stuff

Comment

yes that duplicoulou stuff works well.
        Used it on some grey faded jeep bits with excellent results.

Comment

'Trevor' on this site had a local shop dye his seat on his 1150, turned out great. You could get in touch with him over the details.
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
          X