Aircraft engine primer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aircraft engine primer

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...lodine1201.php has anyone used this on their engine with good results.. I want to vive it a go maybe but wanted to know what you guys thought. Cheers

I've used in on aircraft parts plenty, but honestly its never used as a primer. Zinc Chromate primer is usually sprayed over the alodined surface to prep for paint.

Comment

Originally posted by still_bluenoser View Post
      its never used as a primer.
      Correct. Its a aluminum metal prep. Corrosion control and adhesion promoter. I wouldnt paint aluminum without it. I get to acid etch (wash) and alodine aluminum every day.
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
        Correct. Its a aluminum metal prep. Corrosion control and adhesion promoter. I wouldnt paint aluminum without it. I get to acid etch (wash) and alodine aluminum every day.

Mmmm, I love the smell of alumiprep in the morning

Comment

so sorry my ignorance but how do you use it? do you just clean the parts as best as possible then apply with brush and then hose off excess or does it dry like paint?? I ve seen parts after being done with it but never seen the process??

Comment

has anyone used it on pistons? http://www.amtrim.com/alodine.asp

Comment

i've never had an issue with corroded pistons. You apply it wet, and let it sit wet. Keep wetting it before it dries. Allow the aluminum to become yellowed by it, than clean it off with water. Dont get it on your hands. It stains....

Comment

I've used aircraft paint remover, works great and fast.

Comment

Working...
                X