Small rear rack on a GS1000 ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small rear rack on a GS1000 ????

Has anyone ever seen a rack like the one here on this 1100 on a gs1000?

source?

I would like a rack but think the other large ones mess up the styling.

82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
    80 gs1000s

That looks like a GSM rack. Not an easy find, as they are NLA.

Comment

Thanks, I will do some googling. I have no idea if that rack would even fit the 1000 but I really like that the style doesnt change the lines or hide the tailpiece.
      82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
      80 gs1000s

Comment

As popular as the GS1000 was, I would guess that GSM made one for the bike.

There is one on Ebay now for a Yamaha, it could be as simple as relocating the rear mounts to fit your bike. I would ask the seller for dimensions, prior to pulling the trigger.

Oh, just an FYI; I have been looking for a one too, which is why I was able to give you this info. So, if one does pop up on Ebay, you will have some competition!

Comment

Thanks Vmass, good to know...but since you told me about it I dont want to bid and drive up the price...I can wait till you find one.
          82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
          80 gs1000s

Comment

i see they have several, so i will let you know what dimensions they are.
            82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
            80 gs1000s

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory View Post
              Thanks Vmass, good to know...but since you told me about it I dont want to bid and drive up the price...I can wait till you find one.
              Greg,

I appreciate the courtesy, but not required...........Ebay is always fair game!

I'll be holding out for the correct fit one.

Comment

Inside Width at front attachments 10 1/2 inches
                Inside Width at rear attachments 11 3/4 inches
                Inside width at top before curve 10 inches
                height from bottom to top middle of front bar is 8 3/4 inches

height from bottom to top middle of rear bar is 8 inches
                Length (setback)of top of rack - 9 inches
                Last edited by Gregory; 02-06-2013, 08:22 PM.
                82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                80 gs1000s

Comment

As it turns out, the ones listed on ebay for the Yamaha wont work. Not wide enough at the top. I may just have to bend and weld my own pipe and just make one.
                  82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                  80 gs1000s

Comment

This rack on my GS1100E is not an easy one to come by, I think it took me a year and half to find one on E-bay. I think it's a good looking rack for that bike, that's the pro, the con's are it's painted and there isn't much shelf space on it.

This rack on my GS1000E is a nice rack. I didn't want the sissy bar leather pouch that's fits on it also. I got this through a member here for about $75 shipped. The pro's it's chrome and has a nice shelf area, the con's a little bulky in appearance. I don't believe the two racks are interchangeable. Want one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/281019361681...84.m1423.l2649

sigpic
                    Steve
                    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

I am going to hold out for one like you have on the 1100...even if i have to make it myself. I have had the other style before, and although useful...I think look clunky and take away from the styling a bit.
                      82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                      80 gs1000s

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory View Post
                        I am going to hold out for one like you have on the 1100...even if i have to make it myself. I have had the other style before, and although useful...I think look clunky and take away from the styling a bit.
                        I almost gave up looking for one, and then bingo! one popped up on E-bay, I was sure I would lose it in the bidding, but it was real late and I guess everyone was asleep!
                        I missed bidding on one prior to that, with 4 minutes left to go (I was going to snipe it) I fell asleep on the computer, woke up a minute after the auction ended, it went for $75.
                        sigpic
                        Steve

Comment

I made this one using 3/8 and 5/16 rod for my ZRX. I've since raised it up 1/2" to clear the painted tail a little better; and since then(yesterday) sold the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadsak View Post
                            I made this one using 3/8 and 5/16 rod for my ZRX. I've since raised it up 1/2" to clear the painted tail a little better; and since then(yesterday) sold the bike.

Looks Great !!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!
                            82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                            80 gs1000s

Comment

Originally posted by Sadsak View Post

Damn! That looks great, I mean really, the finish and everything. Have you considered taking orders?
                              sigpic
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X