Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turn signals

hey guys,

First time post here, but I've been lurking for a few weeks. It's good stuff! I just purchased a 1981 Suzuki GS 750 ex. I was wondering if I could replace the square turn signals with short round ones. not really looking for LED's as I don't want to play with the wiring. would old suzuki turn signals work? any suggestions for aftermarket ones? My friend who is currently storing the bike accidently broke my front right turn signal, so I'll have to replace one anyways. I figured I might as well improve the looks a little.

You can replace it with almost any aftermarket turn signals. I think your bike has a three wire arrangement in the front so there are running lights on and it flashes brighter for turns. The third wire is a ground. You would need a 2 filament bulb if that's the case. The back ones just have two wires and require a single filament bulb. If they dont have that 'running light' feature then any two wired lights would do and you can find hundreds of choices on many web sites such as bikemaster.com.

Comment

You can get either the one filament or get the two filament signals from DennisKirk.com. I replaced my stock ones for the running lights. Simple connection all the connections are there.
      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

I have lockhart-phillips brushed aluminium on mine.

I am going to make some extenders for the front ones to bring them away from the headlight a few more inches.
        Last edited by gsgeezer; 02-13-2013, 05:44 PM.

1979 GS1000

Comment

Welcome to the forum !

I think that bike would look better with rectangular lights rather than round - maybe smaller ones ?

Comment

cool thanks for the advice guys. I'll have to confirm this weekend if the bike has the "running lights" when the headlight is on. I really like those aluminum shorties that gsgeezer posted. Will these headlights eliminate the black boxes that the turn signals are attached to? or are those part of the brackets? the 80's were not kind to any type of motor vehicle. For someone reason anything that moves had a ton of excessive plastic in awkward shapes.

Comment

Working...
            X