• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of Painting

Well when I got the bike it looked like this

Now it looks like this

I'm thinking of doing this

And I'm thinking of putting the old school chrom suzuki "S" emblem on the side of the tank. What do yall think?

Besides painting that rear fender, that would be one hell of an improvement. I honestly just don't think that fender was ever meant to be painted. Maybe you could actually do away with that part of the fender that hangs out. Not too hard, not too permanent (Easy to get a replacement seeing as how its only plastic), and it would look a bit better. Or you could find a chrome one to fit possibly? Maybe re-shape the seat as well... There is a lot you could do by changing just a little and it would change the whole look of the bike.

Comment

well, that black under fender there came off of a 750e. one of the PO's removed the original long ago and put that ridiculous bagger fender on it. I'm trying to locate an old chrome one or something to just have the fender come out and over the tire without the light and everything on it. The seat is in line for some attention but my wife likes riding with me so I can't go the total direction I want to until I get another bike. I'm still not completely a fan of the straight chrome fender yet.

Comment

Looking at some pictures, you might be right about a chrome rear fender.

Comment

Chrome fenders really do make a difference on a stock classic Jap bike IMO. Some actually come with a sweet looking brake light setup... But, its up to you. I think the brake light NOT on the fender would be nice.

I see now that you want to move the light up and off the fender. You could try a cat eye light like this. DCC is a bit expensive, and there are cheaper alternatives out there it is just the best representation. Bunch of ways to mount that.

You could also actually just shorten the turn signal assembly a bit so your bike is a little thinner and looks a little cleaner but not at all necessary. Or, just get some new ones for the front/back.

Comment

Working...
          X