Changing Seat Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Seat Colors

When I bought my GS1100G it had a two toned seat of red and black to match the paint. I don't care for the two toned seat look, so I wanted to put the seat back to all black. I watched the video from DupliColor on how to refinish seats and bought a can of Dup;iColor Vynal and Fabric Spray in color black. It comes in many color selections. After I thoroughly cleaned, washed and dried the seat, I simply sprayed on the DupliColor lightly, several coats. It is amazing how easy it was to not only cover the red part, but to refresh the black part also. Now it looks like I have a brand new seat. Great stuff! If your seat looks dull or you want to change the color, I highly recommend this product.
    Last edited by Guest; 02-24-2013, 06:22 PM.

Very interesting to know. Thanks!
    Current Bikes:
    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

hows the texture/durability? let us know

Comment

Good info, thanks.
        McLoud
        '79 GS850
        `98 GSF1200 Bandit
        sigpic
        http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

Sofar, so good. Texture didn't change at all, you can't tell the recolored area from the rest of the seat at all. The durability is excellent, nothing has rubbed off or discolored. I highly recommend this so easy to use product to color your seat.

Comment

If I ever need to recover a seat, the replacement material will not be black. Maybe gray or tan. Black is just too hot in bright sunlight.
            sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Working...
            X