My seat, is it from a gs1000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My seat, is it from a gs1000?

It has puzzled me for quite some time now, because all the 750's I've seen has the flat or stepped seat and no one looks like mine. But then I saw a GS1000 at a motorcycle show this weekend and the seat had the same kind of brace going over the rear of it that mine has. And looking at pictures of other 1000's I see many have that, like mine. And also a few of them are slanted, like mine, unlike most that seem to have a stepped seat...
    What do you guys think?

Your seat is a Giuliari aftermarket seat. Considered an upgrade by many.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

I prefer the seat you have over stock.

cg
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

It looks good

Comment

What a very nice looking bike you have there. Very pleasing to the eye!
          No signature :(

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
            Your seat is a Giuliari aftermarket seat. Considered an upgrade by many.
            Now that you said it, I do recall it said something starting with G on the underside.

Thanks guys

Comment

One of my GS1000E has a Guliari. Its like a brick compared to stock. The base is fiberglass, and it is super light compared to stock.
              sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
                One of my GS1000E has a Guliari. Its like a brick compared to stock. The base is fiberglass, and it is super light compared to stock.
                +1 here, I only fitted the one on my bike to save the stock seat in an effort to keep it longer.
                sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Working...
                X