Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your thoughts

Hi all
    I now have all the parts on my gsx 400 f and is ready to have a complete resto done . What do you think keep it stock or turn it into a cafe racer .

cafe racer

or stock

I personally think I would keep it stock. As we didn't get those over here in the states.
    1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
    80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
    1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
    83 gs750ed- first new purchase
    85 EX500- vintage track weapon
    1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
    “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
    If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

stock and ride it

Comment

If you customize it don't make it so radical that you can't return it to stock.
        Depends on the kind of riding you prefer. I like to pretend i am fast on the back roads so i usually change things up.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Toujours STOCK!
          There I said it.
          ANd please show us a picture.

Comment

I say stock.

Comment

do what you want..

mine was a cafe..but its more of a streetable cafe...(if you want a true cafe that is)...done cut my frame an the goon scrapped the back peice of my frame, so i cant return to stock...

just dont bobber it...unless you do it correct almost every bobber jap bike looks like poo

Comment

I've seen really nice cafes done by members here (but not many on Craigslist!) but I can see they are a whole lot of work .They are "done" end-to-end. I'm not over-excited by the picture you posted but it likely gives the feel to ride it .... Still, It'd seem best to me to start with a bike that is beyond being easily brought back...one that is at least as much work to bring to a "stock" look. That's when to choose... maybe look round for a cheap 250-450 as these look (-to me,for what that's worth!-)the best cafe'd-the cafe style is kind of pegged to vertical twins or singles. And there are a lot of these around... Your bike? well,change my mind if you can! but just a flash paint job and a few little changes on a stock bike can be traffic-stopper as to looks.

Comment

thinking stock

You are probably right because if I try to return it to stock it would be a pain in the a## trying to fit the bits back on. Thanks for your advice

Comment

Working...
                  X