why are speedo and tac diff colors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why are speedo and tac diff colors?

Speedo has a brown background, tach is black?

ONe is faded one is not
    perhaps the black one is a recent swap out.

No matter there was a guy on here that sold decal overlay thongs to refurb dials.

Be damned if I can recall who it was though

Comment

Was Rudy...but he no longer does them..unless someone else I am not aware of has taken up the torch.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

on second reading I do not think they were thongs.
        Things they were.

You can prolly get em out there on the internet somewhere at a place the specializes in decals and such.

Comment

I'm not buying one is faded one is not...

have an 81 GS650, and just bought an 82 GS650 - both have a brown speedo and a black tach. Also checked out a 4k GS on ebay, had the exact same thing...

post some pics of two with the same color, and I'll believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by mhobryan View Post
            I'm not buying one is faded one is not...

have an 81 GS650, and just bought an 82 GS650 - both have a brown speedo and a black tach. Also checked out a 4k GS on ebay, had the exact same thing...

post some pics of two with the same color, and I'll believe it.
            Like this. Glare on the speedo makes it look a little different but they are both the same black and both origin.

'84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/
            https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4306/35860327946_08fdd555ac_z.jpg

Comment

Both my 650g's are the same color, a brownish black.

cg
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Maybe it's a model year thing? My 1980 GS850 came with a dark brown face on both. I replaced the tach with one from a 1980 GS750 and it was the same color as well.
                Charles
                --
                1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

My 78 GS750 gauges are dark brown........well......for the time being, at least.....

Comment

Originally posted by eil View Post
                    Maybe it's a model year thing? My 1980 GS850 came with a dark brown face on both. I replaced the tach with one from a 1980 GS750 and it was the same color as well.
                    Agree it's a model year thing...real question is did they mix the colors up too? The two GS's I have both have brown speedo, black tach. If it was just one, I would suspect that the Speedo was switched out .... but two?

EDIT:

And looking at the one FS on the forum with only 4k miles, the Speedo also looks brown... http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=205914

Things that make you go hmmm...
                    Last edited by Guest; 03-23-2013, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X