Slip streamer spitfire windscreen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slip streamer spitfire windscreen?

Does anyone have one of these on their bike? How is the fitment?
    Good for 100 mph+?

I have a Spitfire screen for each of my two bikes. As long as the bottom of the screen is pressing against something, its pretty solid. I use the top of the headlight on my GS. To protect the surface I place a small pad of duct tape at the point of contact. Otherwise, since there are only two attachment points for the screen, if its stabilized nowhere, it can flutter a bit, although I've never tried it at 100 mph. After a few years of on again-off again, the thumbscrews that hold the rods of the screen onto the handlebar mounts will break and have to be replaced. Along with this, the threads of the handlebar mounts, being aluminum, can strip and you'll have to retap them.

All in all though, a fairly good product for the money, one of the best looking of the small windshields and best of all for me, easy and fast to mount and remove.

Comment

I have one for my '81 1100E, (the bike with the square headlight).

It's OK, fits very well, but no matter how I angle it the main airflow hits me directly in the faceshield. It does however, keep the wind off my chest, but when it's really cold out I find myself crouching down on the tank to get completely out of the wind stream...

The issue is it's too short to provide complete protection against the wind. Also, because the wind hits me on my helmet it's quite noisy as well - for that reason alone I don't use it much...
      '85 GS550L - SOLD
      '85 GS550E - SOLD
      '82 GS650GL - SOLD
      '81 GS750L - SOLD
      '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
      '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
      '82 GS1100G - SOLD
      '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Working...
      X