Handgrips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handgrips?

I've been looking for some inexpensive "stock" looking handgrips. The ones I have don't cover the plastic thingy on the throttle and it looks weird. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by AJ View Post
    I've been looking for some inexpensive "stock" looking handgrips. The ones I have don't cover the plastic thingy on the throttle and it looks weird. Any suggestions?
    Do the $1 throttle tube mod;(1/4 turn) will add 10 hp
    Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.
    Last edited by posplayr; 05-11-2013, 06:10 PM.

Comment

or get the throttle tube and grips

(Throttle tube for a 2004 Yamaha R1 (4YR-26240-02-00) )

and the grips are nice..

Comment

The "plastic thingy" is some white plastic that sits outside the switch/throttle housing. I think the stock grips went up and covered it, and the white plastic gave some support to the grip itself. Not needed to do that way, but that's the way they designed it.

Hey Gatekeeper, are those the stock switches on your bike?

I actually have a set of Hayabusa switches I bought to convert mine over to some nicer looking, more modern switches. The ones on the '82 GS1100E are plastic and crappy looking. Unfortunately, the throttle will need some modding to connect up to the stock 1100E cable and I forgot about the project. Maybe I'll bump that back up on my list and kill two birds with one stone.

Comment

yes, they are stock switches, just the grips and throttle tube are new...

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
            yes, they are stock switches, just the grips and throttle tube are new...
            Ahh, looking at them again, they match the switches on my son's '85 550E. I thought they looked familiar.

Comment

Working...
            X