ape hangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ape hangers

has anyone done them and if so what size cables did you use?

I have not, but I know Motion Pro can make custom length cables.

Comment

Friendly advice....DON'T go with ape hangers. You'll lose feel of the bike in twisties, arms/shoulders will hurt after 50 miles at high speed, not to mention the waste of $ for cabling, brake lines, etc...even mini apes suck. Look cool or be practical? Your choice.

Comment

Pictures please...we like pictures!!
        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
          Friendly advice....DON'T go with ape hangers. You'll lose feel of the bike in twisties, arms/shoulders will hurt after 50 miles at high speed, not to mention the waste of $ for cabling, brake lines, etc...even mini apes suck. Look cool or be practical? Your choice.
          Yeah...... but his hands will be in the proper position when the cops pull him over.
          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            Pictures please...we like pictures!!
            Here's a visual....goofy might be a better word than cool?

Handles great? Well it did until he handicapped it with the ape hangers and hardtail.
            Last edited by Guest; 05-14-2013, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ctnoob View Post
              has anyone done them and if so what size cables did you use?
              I don't have any apes to hang myself.
              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Here's a visual....goofy might be a better word than cool?

Handles great? Well it did until he handicapped it with the ape hangers and hardtail.
                OOOhh I never said it was cool...I just want to see something that makes me laugh.
                No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  OOOhh I never said it was cool...I just want to see something that makes me laugh.

No, I said cool, but corrected myself, especially after looking at that CL ad with GS650. Not intended to bash the OP's wish to mod his bike, but he did ask and I've ridden bikes with apes on a Triumph and mini apes on Harleys. Same negatives would still apply to a GS reworked and look/feel more out of place.
                  Last edited by Guest; 05-14-2013, 11:57 AM.

Comment

easy folks just trying to get ideas i love this position i have now though

it now has bar end mirrors..

Comment

Apehangers? I can think of much more fun ways to crash a bike.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by ctnoob View Post
                        easy folks just trying to get ideas i love this position i have now though

it now has bar end mirrors..
                        Stay with those Renthal bars you have on that GS450. You have the perfect setup now....you'll regret apehangers on that bike(or any other bike for that matter)....but it's your bike...do what you want. Just keep the original stuff when you change back or when you sell it!

Comment

I dunno its a pretty good look

Comment

Working...
                          X