82 Katana 550M seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 Katana 550M seat?

one of the bikes I got has a recently recovered seat the PO got done, but it doesn't look right to me. It doesn't match the side covers very well, but matches up the tank real nice. Im torn between finding a proper seat or going without the side covers. The seat is real nice. whats the concensus on leaving the side covers off or finding a proper seat? Or do I have the fairing on wrong?

I would say your seat is wrong, seems to have been modified

here is what it should look like

Comment

yeah thanx,, ive seen a lot of pictures of these and my seat is way different. this seat wont even fit my 85 EF so I have no idea what its from. To bad he reupholstered the wrong yr seat lol.. ive checked ebay for a proper seat but haven't seen one. Im not in a big hurry to get one yet,, but will keep my eyes open for one. maybe trade mine some day,

thanx a lot for the pictures.

Comment

no worries...

good luck on finding a replacement.....

Cheers

Comment

thanx a lot. not sure what I want to do though, the seat is nice and pretty comfortable, but the side fairings look real out of place with this seat, but those need to be on this bike.

Comment

what year seats interchange?

Comment

Originally posted by dark7068 View Post
              what year seats interchange?
              none. I would look around for a stock one myself. I agree the bike looks great with or without the side covers, but the original seat makes the bike IMO.

someone here may even have one, post in parts wanted and see what the market is like

Comment

thanx,, I did some searching and saw 81-83 Katanas are the same. list got abit bigger to search for

Comment

Damn tha seat 45100-47702-79W only fits one model in one year.

Comment

what number is that for?

Comment

Its the part number from the microfiche at Alpha-Sports.

Comment

so it is a 1 yr only seat?

Comment

From the cross referencing database yes.
                          Its not a common bike at least cosmetically speaking.

Comment

ok, guess I will keep this one till I find the proper seat, thanx alot

Comment

on the bottom of the orange seat has a number that is 4770C and I cant find out what it belongs too? any help?

Comment

Working...
                              X