American Soft Seats anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Soft Seats anyone?

Is anyone familiar with, or has used "American Soft Seat Co" http://www.americanasoftseats.com/ for their GS seat?

My stock 1100E seat is a bit narrow for my wide a$$ and on long rides my a$$ to thigh "transition area" starts to become uncomfortable. Seems to me like it occurs from the "transition" riding on the edge of the seat sides and a lack of support for the upper-inner thighs.

Tried the Corbin seat that I picked up from Bob T. I didn't find it to be much more comfortable and actually disliked the ability to slide fore and aft on the seat to change pressure points on the "transition area". The Corbin pretty much holds you in position as it's designed to do.

I called American Soft Seat Co and they told me that they don't recover the seat, they "refoam" it instead. Assuming your seat cover is good, they peel it off, and "refoam" your seat with either a: gel seat, gel pad, visco-gel, or memory foam. What they actually wind up using is somehow determined by the biometric data (weight?) that you supply them. They also told me that they can usually "widen" the seat by 1 inch by modestly changing the shape of the foam and stretching the seat cover back over it.

So back to the original question, has anybody used them to "refoam" your GS seat and what do you think of it??

Originally posted by Homie View Post
    Is anyone familiar with, or has used "American Soft Seat Co" http://www.americanasoftseats.com/ for their GS seat?

My stock 1100E seat is a bit narrow for my wide a$$ and on long rides my a$$ to thigh "transition area" starts to become uncomfortable. Seems to me like it occurs from the "transition" riding on the edge of the seat sides and a lack of support for the upper-inner thighs.

Tried the Corbin seat that I picked up from Bob T. I didn't find it to be much more comfortable and actually disliked the ability to slide fore and aft on the seat to change pressure points on the "transition area". The Corbin pretty much holds you in position as it's designed to do.

I called American Soft Seat Co and they told me that they don't recover the seat, they "refoam" it instead. Assuming your seat cover is good, they peel it off, and "refoam" your seat with either a: gel seat, gel pad, visco-gel, or memory foam. What they actually wind up using is somehow determined by the biometric data (weight?) that you supply them. They also told me that they can usually "widen" the seat by 1 inch by modestly changing the shape of the foam and stretching the seat cover back over it.

So back to the original question, has anybody used them to "refoam" your GS seat and what do you think of it??
    First I've heard of them.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
    X