Best polish for exhaust Revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best polish for exhaust Revisited

I had to laff at the results of doing a Search Forum to find out what the best wax is for the exhaust system. It only found one result and it was a post from 2011 that was started by me.
    So, in the past 2 yrs, has anyone found a cleaner and/or polish for the OEM exhaust system, especially the header pipe, that will clean and take the heat?
    I look forward to any responses I get just as I'm sure I did 2 yrs ago.
    Willie
    Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
    '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
    '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
    '82 GS1100G Resto project

I still use Mother's, as I have for over 20 years. I even use it to remove the hazing from my 4 wheeled vehicles' plastic headlight covers.

Comment

I use this....on all the covers, plastic signal lenses, and the pipes. Made for aluminum but its all purpose as far as bikes are concerned.

Specializing in power-inverters, CB radios, 12-volt accessories, and trucking products. We serve professional drivers in the truck driving industry. Located in Wilmington, NC.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I second Mothers.

Comment

Flitz polish in the silver tube

Comment

I use Blue Magic metal polish on exhaust headers, mufflers and other chrome parts.

1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Thanks guys. Anyone else?

Present Stable includes:

Comment

I've used several products, but for the last couple of years I've had good results with White Diamond polish.

Welcome to our site. Buy premium quality detailing supplies online from our store at exclusive prices. We have an excellent collection of the best selling detailing products, equipment & car care accessories which you will love to buy. Our products are the best in quality and price. Check our store for more.

Rick

Comment

Regular old Turtle Wax chrome cleaner.
                  Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by willie View Post
                    I had to laff at the results of doing a Search Forum to find out what the best wax is for the exhaust system. It only found one result and it was a post from 2011 that was started by me.
                    So, in the past 2 yrs, has anyone found a cleaner and/or polish for the OEM exhaust system, especially the header pipe, that will clean and take the heat?
                    I look forward to any responses I get just as I'm sure I did 2 yrs ago.
                    Willie
                    ..... hi guys on my xs650 with stainles twin systems i only use AUTOSOL,,, it comes in a tube for about 10-11bucks,,, and that will do several times which also include the alloy motor ,rims etc... regards oldgrumpy

Comment

I have used "Blue Job" in the past and it worked great for when they are bad. Comes in a tin like a big can of chew and is a blue powder you make a past out of. Removes bluing of pipes and even took off some burnt shoe rubber one time.

When just shining them up I also use Mothers with a power ball thing for the drill. Works great for me.

Comment

I use WD40 but the. The pipe is pretty new... No rust
                        1980 GS1000G - Sold
                        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I use Lemon Pledge on my bikes and have since the 80's, works great with no build up. and you can use it on everything, plastic, chrome , and paint. works great.
                          1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                          80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                          1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
                          83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                          85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                          1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                          “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                          If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

I've heard of using furniture polish on paint and plastic but would expect it to burn if applied to pipes once they heat up.
                            Willie

Present Stable includes:

Comment

Working...
                            X