Mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mirrors

I'd like to get some new mirrors for my 450 and I'm looking for some ideas. I have cheapie ones on the bike right now because my brother in law broke one of the mirrors I had.

If you're not wanting to stay stock, Dennis Kirk has some nice ones that have Suzuki scrolled along the bottom. I have them on both three bikes and I think they look good. Very reasonable priced too. terrylee

Comment

Originally posted by terrylee View Post
      If you're not wanting to stay stock, Dennis Kirk has some nice ones that have Suzuki scrolled along the bottom. I have them on both three bikes and I think they look good. Very reasonable priced too. terrylee
      I wasn't planning on staying stock. I priced two stock mirrors and was a little shocked at what they go for compared to aftermarket.

Comment

If possible, shop for them in person.

Some mirrors are perfectly flat, others are slightly convex, like the stock mirrors.

Some riders prefer flat, others prefer convex. The convex ones give you a wider view behind you, and also tend to reduce a jittery view due to vibration.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Give these a look/see,
          If I get replacement mirrors, this will be the way I will go.
          sigpic
          Steve
          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            If possible, shop for them in person.

Some mirrors are perfectly flat, others are slightly convex, like the stock mirrors.

Some riders prefer flat, others prefer convex. The convex ones give you a wider view behind you, and also tend to reduce a jittery view due to vibration.

I kind of like the idea of convex but I'll take a look at some mirrors in person before I decide.

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
              Give these a look/see,
              If I get replacement mirrors, this will be the way I will go.
              http://www.rkexcelamerica.com/street_ken_sean.html
              Thanks! I'll check that site out .

Comment

Lots of the bigger hondas of early 80's had decent convex mirrors- and forward side was nicely curved; no vibration and stick out enuff for good viewing. I scooped an ebay set to replace my stock suzuki ones ( I got tired of staring at my shoulders)- big difference!
                1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
                  Lots of the bigger hondas of early 80's had decent convex mirrors- and forward side was nicely curved; no vibration and stick out enuff for good viewing. I scooped an ebay set to replace my stock suzuki ones ( I got tired of staring at my shoulders)- big difference!
                  I never thought of checking out the Hondas

Comment

Originally posted by Tamara View Post
                    I never thought of checking out the Hondas
                    Kawasaki also had mirrors that would fit, but be careful if you look at Yamaha mirrors.

Some models (not sure if it was all of them) had reverse threads on the left-side mirrors so they wouldn't unscrew in the wind.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      Kawasaki also had mirrors that would fit, but be careful if you look at Yamaha mirrors.

Some models (not sure if it was all of them) had reverse threads on the left-side mirrors so they wouldn't unscrew in the wind.

I saw some mirrors that said reverse thread and wondered what that was about.

Comment

Some mirrors listed here under "controls" in the sidebar.
                        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                          Some mirrors listed here under "controls" in the sidebar.
                          http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/Index_Main_Frame.htm
                          Thanks! I'm kind of liking the round Honda CB mirrors.

Comment

Reverse threads I believe go on yamahas. terrylee

Comment

Working...
                            X