Side Cover Emblem Retainers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side Cover Emblem Retainers

Anyone know of a good substitute for the "Side Cover Emblem Retainers"?
    I don't see them on the parts fiche so I'm assuming Suzuki doesn't have them available.

I'm talking about the little rings that press onto the pins on the back of the side emblems, thus holding it onto the side cover.

Gracias!

I just used a nylon hex nut that sorta screwed on emblem pin then added dash of krazy glue on nut as backup-still hangin on after 3 years.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Agreed. Not a specialized part. You can get the proper sized speed nut, but it is recommended to use some sort of glue as well.
      NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
      Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

Thanks Again

GSResources is by far the best online motorcycle club/forum I have ever had the pleasure of being a member, thanks for all your help over the last several months.

I had picked this bike up from a neighbor for $400, it had not been started for over 5 years! After 4 months of tinkering, I'm about a week from tagging her. I'll post some photos soon. Someone gave her a horrible paint job at some point. For starters, they used the wrong kind of paint, every time fuel gets on the tank it turns to putty. Over the winter I plan on having the tank painted.

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by snackie View Post
          Anyone know of a good substitute for the "Side Cover Emblem Retainers"?
          I don't see them on the parts fiche so I'm assuming Suzuki doesn't have them available.

I'm talking about the little rings that press onto the pins on the back of the side emblems, thus holding it onto the side cover.

Gracias!
          Item #11, it's called "Emblem nut". Suzuki part number 09148-03002, it is $1.00 from Boulevard Suzuki

De nada.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Regular hardware store speed nuts are what I use.
            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

3M double sided tape. Use the pins for guides.
              http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Try your local NAPA. They're used on about everything.
                I've got speed nuts on my toaster!

Rick

Comment

Blind

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Item #11, it's called "Emblem nut". Suzuki part number 09148-03002, it is $1.00 from Boulevard Suzuki

De nada.

I don't know why i didn't see that before, I must be blind or stupid (maybe both). Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by snackie View Post
                    I don't know why i didn't see that before, I must be blind or stupid (maybe both). Thanks!
                    As others have pointed out, speed-nuts work quite well.

I was just showing you that they are in the parts fiche.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                    X