Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clearcoat before or after applying decals/pinstriping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swanny
    Do you need more than just the tank? Some is peeling away, but I may have a complete set if I do both sides. I'm not sure until I go check, but between us we may be golden.

I'm leaving for a ride in the Black Hills right now. I'll do this on Monday.
    Excellent. If you want to do both sides of the tank that would be cool. Feel free to do a side panel and a tail section if you like, the more the merrier and I can compare with my rubbings. I only have the side and tail stripings on my bike but my rubbings on those came out pretty good. I am missing the tank striping all together so your rubbing will make us a complete set. Golden we shall be. I'm going to post the pics over the weekend and hopefully will have finished the template for the side and tail. I can envision the final product already!!!! I really love the striping style a la 1980, way cool!

Nobody has this set and we can share the templates with not only the GSR but with those reproduction places. They may even trade the templates for a few sets if I can convince them. Wouldn't that be cool? Thanks

-Domino

Comment

"We are developing this online catalog to make your restoration project possible.

CHECK OUT THIS PROPOSAL
      Discounts are possible to anyone interested in helping us develop decal kits. We will only develop original stock decal kits to keep the past alive. If we do not have them in our data base it may be your lucky day.

Check with us and we'll let you know. info@afegraphics.com

Due to the high demand for reproductions of decal kits. Some restrictions are in place for this proposal. The reality is that with so many different models & makes to develop, no one could do them all. Our designers have been working very hard to keep up with demand.
      We have the right to decide which models & makes will most benefit our product line. Please feel free to contact us with your request we will do our best to help you"

"CUSTOM CUTS OF YOUR GRAPHICS.
      YOU SEND ME SOMETHING I DON'T HAVE

I CAN PROBABLY CUT IT TO YOUR SPECS.

BOB_LANIGAN@HOTMAIL.COM"

"If you are sending us something to reproduce that is desirable to others, we offer a discount. You are also helping others who are restoring the same motorcycle and need graphics as well."

Comment

OK, I have a template of the tank done - finally. Here is a link to the picture of how I did it. I used some tracing paper and a pencil. I taped it to the tank and all of the individual pieces are taped together. I'm ready to send it by mail now. PM me your address and I'll send it pronto.

Store photos and docs online. Access them from any PC, Mac or phone. Create and work together on Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents.

Comment

My Suzi Dec's are stock under clear.
          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Mine too and I really really really wish there were a way to remove them and have the tank still look good afterward without repainting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny
              OK, I have a template of the tank done - finally. Here is a link to the picture of how I did it. I used some tracing paper and a pencil. I taped it to the tank and all of the individual pieces are taped together. I'm ready to send it by mail now. PM me your address and I'll send it pronto.

http://groups.msn.com/SuzukiGSGarage...o&PhotoID=3396
              AWESOME! I must have missed this one! Sending you a PM right now. I am about 50% done with the computer template. I scanned them in and am now finishing it up. Once I get yours I'll attempt to make it into a template for a complete step. It'll be a little tricky since those lines curve a bit more than the sides and rear. I'm psyched to get it knocked out! Thanks Swanny.

-D

Comment

Working...
              X