No announcement yet.

New forward foot controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awsome job however could you give us a list of hwat parts you used and where you found them or if homemade what process did you use =P~ =P~

Comment

Its all stainless bolts, cotter pins, flat bar, steel rods and pipe, I cut and bent the brake and shifter arms to join up to the push rods, used a vice and torch to bend and cut, stailess steel rods for welding and a grinder with a blending wheel on it, TONS of polishing, took me 5 full days to make these but 1 day went into figuring the job out, I read a post about them being to low, it's not low at all, my hihgway bars was lower

Thanks alot and hope you all can use this mod to make your riding more comfortable and I will try to help with your questions as best I can

Comment

Originally posted by Don Watson
        Awsome job however could you give us a list of hwat parts you used and where you found them or if homemade what process did you use =P~ =P~
        I got all the stainless steel material at the local welding shop

Comment

Originally posted by ToddB3
          Very nice job! Engine covers look great too!!
          I took them covers of and buffed for 4 days, I used a paint stripper to remove the old clear coat off then its straight polishing from there, I used a 6 inch jewlery buffing wheel on the side of a bench grinder with 1-3 step buffing compund, works good on the heads of the bolts aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Einar J Skog
            Hi

They are looking good..

But seems to be wery low ??

GS1000GLx
            They are about an inch about the exhaust, never touched yet around corners, lots of room to spare to the pavement, believe me I thought of that problem before I started this project.

Comment

where in NS

Where 'bouts in NS do you call home, I'm in Lower Sackville....Mike

Comment

yeah a nice JOB......but hmmm riding like with your feet in the air in front of you has allways felt alien to me I guess the N. american thing
                wouldnt you rather have rear sets and clipons?

Comment

rear sets and clipons with a wind jammer fairing looks kinda funny :P

Comment

Awesome Controls

Hi all. I'm new to this site. I was surfing the web looking for some info about interchangeable gas tanks for my GS1000L and stumbled across the Forward control job you are all raving about. It was driving me nuts, all the posts before I found the PIX. I kept thinking that I was NEVER going to see the finished job, and they are AWESOME!!! I'm going to try to get those done for my 1000.

BTW, does anyone know what years/models gas tanks are interchangeable with my 79 GS1000L? That info would be awesome, as I am trying to find a temporary tank so mine can get a custom paint job. Thanks in advance.

Comment

That's exactly what I want for bike could you give me a list of whaqt you used I'm thinking of going with just plain iron istead and painting it black. I appreciat all the help

Comment

Wow! Those look great!

Comment

Originally posted by Ty
                          That's exactly what I want for bike could you give me a list of whaqt you used I'm thinking of going with just plain iron istead and painting it black. I appreciat all the help
                          A friend of mine done this with steel and painted them black, they look good

Comment

First time Ive seen this done, I have been looking for an example for ages... Looks like I have a project ahead of me.
                            Great Job man!!!!!
                            Tom

Comment

Banjoman,
                              Great job man! But you have to help me out. I have already decided that I won't be able to go on happily in life without this mod on my 80 GS550L. The problem is that there is no way that I could do this myself. Do you think that it's feasable for me to take my bike to someone, show them your pictures and pay them to produce something close to your results? Would you be willing if I sent you the demesions and the parts needed to bend? Where would I look in the phone book for someone who could possibly pull this off for me? How much do you think it would cost, or better, how much is too much to pay? Man, I wish I had a friend like you. Those controls are just too sweet.

Comment

Mmmm, that's a lot of motorcycle...

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                                X