No announcement yet.

New forward foot controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ummm......... I thought it was cool to move the controls towards the rear of the bike. Am I wrong?

Comment

man those are the coolest looking do it yourself controls evefr made.i am going to make some asap for my gs 1000.i have always had to have the feet forward controls in all my previous bikes, but they were all nearly new and came with them.i was racking my brain figuring how to do it, now i know.thanks so much for your ingenuity and creativity and for getting the pictures posted here.i see this was an old post,glad it isnt erased from this site.really cool stuff.
      future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

man those are the coolest looking do it yourself controls evefr made.i am going to make some asap for my gs 1000.i have always had to have the feet forward controls in all my previous bikes, but they were all nearly new and came with them.i was racking my brain figuring how to do it, now i know.thanks so much for your ingenuity and creativity and for getting the pictures posted here.i see this was an old post,glad it isnt erased from this site.really cool stuff.
        future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

particulars of forward controls

I love the idea and am trying to make some of thes for my gs 1000.Is there a solid round rod welded to a piece of flat steel where the motor guards used to be and where that rod comes out, it looks to be about 7 inches long, is there a pipe a little larger diameter over it and that is how the outer part moves with either the shifter rod or the brake pedal on it, and is it just metal over metal. or did you use a bearing somehow?Pleas let me know this, I am really needing to know.

Comment

HELP!! FROM bANJOMAN!!!

hEY, i HAVE POSTED QUESTIONS ON PAGE 2 OF THIS SERIES WHERE YOU HAVE THE PICTURES POSTED.SPECIFICS ABOUT THE PIVOTING MECHAMISM,ETC.PLEASE GET BACK TO ME ON THIS,PRETTY PLEASE.I HATE TO BEG, BUT I AM BEGGING FOR THE ANSWERS.THANKS.

Comment

This is an old thread and Banjoman no longer appears on the member list

Comment

Wow, those look quaility, man. Nice work. Now how about I commision you to make some rearsets for me?

Are they as comfortable as you expected? I rented a Road King with them and they actually made my back hurt more than the semi-sporty position of my E.

Anyway, you got mad skills, yo!
                Currently bikeless
                '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

big honk'n holes...

This looks awesome buty it raises a question for me:

Since Banjoman doesn't seem to be a member anymore does anyone know if the holes used to mount the foreward controls are stock or if he drilled them?

I'm still trying to figure out how I can mount the fairing brackets for my EF fairing on my '83 GS750ES frame and when I asked in the tech section about drilling two 4.5mm holes in one side of the downtubes (or what do you call them? the same ones those pegs are mounted to) people fairly screamed at me to not do it or I'd ruin the frame.

I'm still working on a workaround...and 15minutes drilling and tapping would save a lot of hassle...but I don't want it to kill my frame.

/\/\ac

Comment

Resurrecting this thread... does anyone on here still have these images that can either re-host them or send them via email?

Comment

I'm interested as well.
                      https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zH8w8Civs8ejBJWjdvYi1LNTg&resourcekey=0-hlJp0Yc4K_VN9g7Jyy4KQg&authuser=fussbucket_1%40msn.com&usp=drive_fs
                      1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
                      1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

me too! sounds interesting...

Comment

SCORE! Been looking for floorboards or forward controls for a while now. Got a great deal, too. They shipped today, I'll post pics once I get them mounted.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zH8w8Civs8ejBJWjdvYi1LNTg&resourcekey=0-hlJp0Yc4K_VN9g7Jyy4KQg&authuser=fussbucket_1%40msn.com&usp=drive_fs
                          1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Pics when installed, yes ! And a source for those items would be great if anymore new ones can be had.

Comment

Originally posted by tirebiter View Post
                              Pics when installed, yes ! And a source for those items would be great if anymore new ones can be had.
                              They came in today, just as advertised. Came in the original factory box. All the hardware, heel/toe shifter, brake lever, boards, etc. Bolted the left side framework up just to make sure it would fit, and it does. There's a little staining on the boards, just looks like a little glue from the rubber. It cleaned easily from the one spot i tried, will do the rest later. Chrome is perfect, as everything was sealed in the original shrink wrap. They were made by Versafab, Inc. for Triple A Accesories. They also made case savers. Doesn't look like Triple A is around anymore, but Versafab is. I found mine on e-bay, but the seller had only this one. I will post installed pics this weekend.
                              1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Working...
                              X