Painting calipers/ fork legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painting calipers/ fork legs

Hi all. Well, one of these days I am going to start actually working on my project 83 GS750E. I have stripped, cleaned and masked the calipers and front master cylinder. So, do you people have any tips of what products to use to prep and paint them? I plan on going semi-cheap,( because that's how I roll...) I don't need show quality but I want it to look and last decently. So, throw me some idears!
    Thanks
    Mad

Originally posted by Maddevill View Post
    Hi all. Well, one of these days I am going to start actually working on my project 83 GS750E. I have stripped, cleaned and masked the calipers and front master cylinder. So, do you people have any tips of what products to use to prep and paint them? I plan on going semi-cheap,( because that's how I roll...) I don't need show quality but I want it to look and last decently. So, throw me some idears!
    Thanks
    Mad

VHT--caliper paint and primer. You can find it online and at Autozone.

Comment

Well now being frugal by nature (I am Scots after all) I go with the less expensive options and have used Rustoleum or Tremclad with great success. I even use these paints on my bodywork and have clear coated over them with no issues. Good multipurpose paint IMHO.

Comment

I had my fork lowers powder coated.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

I wonder how well the powder coating does if brake fluid contacts it? I have never heard an answer for that, or even the question. As far as that is concerned, how about using a good clear coat over your paint job? I have actually used brake fluid to help remove paint.

Comment

Working...
          X