gs750es windscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs750es windscreen

any ideas where i can get a windscreen like the one on this bike? thanks guys

Junk yard? eBay?

Michael

Comment

www.bikescreen.com 8) Mark

Comment

If you're talking about the entire fairing keep watching Ebay. You also will need the fairing subframe that bolts to the bikes frame. Airtech sells repro's of the fairing and Gustafsson sells the windscreens.

Comment

thanks mark thats exactly what im looking for.

Comment

Windscreen request

I bought/ordered a "Zero-Gravity" windscreen from my local dealer for my 85 GS1150EF

see: http://www.zerogravity-racing.com

They also list a Canadian distributer.

Sc

Comment

Pete,

If you're still watching this thread, I recently picked up a 1983 750ES parts bike with a full upper and lower Lockhart fairing set. I got the parts bike thinking that a lot of it's parts would be useful for my 1979 GS1000L. I was wrong, these are two different animals!

The upper section of the Lockhart fairing looks like the picture you posted, but without the small air vents. It's even red and white, just like the picture you posted. Note that it's for a square headlight.

I'd sell it cheap if your interested (and maybe some other parts if your interested).

Comment

the fairing part on my bike is fine, i just hate the look of my wind screen because it tilts upward an want a more sporty one. ive made a prity decent one outa sheet metal an painted it to match the bike an it looks good, but im afraid that if i crash it will cut me in 2 lol. do u have the windscreen part like the one in the pic??

Comment

Pete,

I looked at the Lockhart fairing today, with particular respect to the windscreen.

The photo you posted at the top of this thread shows a windscreen angle at approximately 45-degrees.

The Lockhart windscreen is steeper, maybe 30-degrees off vertical (60-degrees up from horizontal).

I'm guessing the windscreens are not interchangeable.

Plus, I'd rather keep the Lockhart windscreen and upper/lower fairing intact for somebody who may be interested in the whole fairing system.

However, I'd be willing to mail you the windscreen if you wanted to use it as a template to make your own from Plexiglas or Acrylic, etc., if you promise to mail it back to me.

Comment

Brion, could you post a picture of your fairing??
                    Do you think it might fit my 83 GS1100E???
                    Could it be adapted to a 8 inch round light????
                    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                    2000 Kawasaki Concours
                    Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Hi Doug!

I'm too clumsy/lazy to learn to post a picture here on the GSR. But I do have a digital camera and I have figured out how to download it and email pictures.

However, the fairing is definitely for a square headlight, and it doesn't look too promising to try surgery to make it fit a round headlight.

Sometime after the Moosehead GS ride (which I probably won't be going on) there will be another New England GS ride closer to my house in the Metrowest area of Boston. You can swing by my place and have a look for yourself.

Comment

Great. Thanks Brion 8)
                        Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                        2000 Kawasaki Concours
                        Please wear ATGATT

Comment

BGK - if they're not spoken for yet, I'll buy the fairings from you.

I'll PM you with my contact info.

-Q!

Comment

Working...
                          X