Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs550e 83 cafe or brat style

Hi,

Looking at changing the bike to a cafe or even a brat style as i love the looks but still want room on the back for the wife any ideas ?? or where to look

thanks

Buy an L to hack up. Keep the 550 E to ride with the wife.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

It doesn't really lend itself to that style without a lot of hacking and welding. I'm with Mr. Tkent, find something else to hack on.

Comment

By looking at his slide show of pictures that he posted in his other thread, he is already off to a great start on making that bike look new.
        Yes, it would be a shame to cut it up. Find an L model instead as they were born to be cut. Link to his slide show...

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Not about YOU,Shiner. I like cafe and brat bikes ok- just do a job that will survive by its craftsmanship. The original Cafe bike was a plain ol Triumph with it's long seat, I think and everyone just hunched forward...long seat is easy to fit folks on.

But, musing...
          It's odd. Nobody comes and says they're going to cut the bike up and make a "Chopper".

But What's the next cool thing? IMO, it's some sociopathic character trundling around on his WhumperBike and then, before you know it, some Indie Director has one as film-noire- Then! Hollywood picks it up for the touchdown- and it's What EveryBodyLikes!

and my bike is somebody's Style-Statement too. Round "Streamlining" was BIG in the 30's but was not to everybody's taste- yet, it survived partially in motorcycle gas tanks until the 80's
          Last edited by Gorminrider; 03-28-2014, 02:27 PM.

Comment

thanks for the comments boys, but love that look on an old bike, not because it my be a in thing at the move but the lines and look is sweet.

would love to buy another but no cash, at the mo I commuteto work every day on a zzr600 that I rebuild and paid just £100 for.

so when the time comes I have to sell one of them, but love the sound of an old bike so not sure as love the zzr as it was my first project bike lol

In all, I would not like to brake a frame as it will destroy yet anotjer part of history but if I can sone how just minimise the awfull long back of her that would do me.
            thanks for comments and suggestions boys keep it coming

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
              Buy an L to hack up. Keep the 550 E to ride with the wife.
              +1, just what tkent said.

Comment

Originally posted by shiner83 View Post
                thanks for the comments boys, but love that look on an old bike, not because it my be a in thing at the move but the lines and look is sweet.

would love to buy another but no cash, at the mo I commuteto work every day on a zzr600 that I rebuild and paid just £100 for.

so when the time comes I have to sell one of them, but love the sound of an old bike so not sure as love the zzr as it was my first project bike lol

In all, I would not like to brake a frame as it will destroy yet anotjer part of history but if I can sone how just minimise the awfull long back of her that would do me.
                thanks for comments and suggestions boys keep it coming
                Well, because you want to carry a passenger sometimes, maybe cafe...something like this tail section that Starkophile posted but made with a removeable pillion cushion...?

or a removeable cowl tail that covers a permanent cushion...maybe you'd want a rail of some sort for the passenger to hold onto,too but that's probably overboard as to a look you're after.
                Last edited by Gorminrider; 04-04-2014, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                  Well, because you want to carry a passenger sometimes, maybe cafe...something like this tail section that Starkophile posted but made with a removeable pillion cushion...?

or a removeable cowl tail that covers a permanent cushion...maybe you'd want a rail of some sort for the passenger to hold onto,too but that's probably overboard as to a look you're after.
                  Nice mate thanks for this defo a concideration

Comment

Working...
                  X