No announcement yet.

Rusty fender interiors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided to go with white vinegar (Local Walmart had 5% variety) and bedliner, laregley because of cost.

I have used the undercoating on cars and it was too messy for my liking.

An overnight soak and light rubbing with steel wool cleaned off the old rust.
    Washed the fender. Dried it with hair dryer to make sure it was dry in the crevices. taped it off and sprayed.

Appreciate all the input. Probably would have gone with the POR if it had not been so expensive.
    1980 GS550L

Comment

I just wouldn't look under there.

Same with my seat pan, yeah there's a little rust, but I don't see it all that often.
      Hardly bothers me at all.

Comment

Nobody usually looks under any fender..thats true. The point is to derust to stop the oxidation processes and to coat it to seal and prevent further damage from stones and road debris. I find the bed liner has handled everything with superb performance so far.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
        X