Now this guy has talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now this guy has talent.

So now they build the Royal Enfield in India, so obviously it now has to be an inferior product thrown together by unskilled labour working for a bowl of rice a day................or maybe not.
    It would appear that craftsmanship and the lost art of pin striping by hand is still very alive and well.
    Bet this kind of attention never went into them when the poms built them way back when.
    This guy certainly has the talent.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Brain surgeon hands. What a lovely job he does.

Comment

Nah, this is the feller:
      Rolls-Royce have commissioned a series of short films telling extraordinary stories about extraordinary motor cars. We call them 21st Century Legends. In thi...

The Enfield build quality is nowhere near what it was when they packed in making them here. A 60s Brit built one is still a better bet.

I look after a couple of EFIs for some guys in the village. They're better than the grey imports of the 90s but still have a way to go. The auto- decompressor (on a very low compression engine) is the biggest joke in my mind - you expect the piston to fly up through the tank it makes such a racket.
      79 GS1000S
      79 GS1000S (another one)
      80 GSX750
      80 GS550
      80 CB650 cafe racer
      75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
      75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

We have a 1955 Bullet Solo in the family, but I have a friend who has one of the new fuelies and loves it. It has never let him down and he has ridden all over the state on it.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

There's a guy at Stafford who flogs the brushes and paints, he does demos on scrap metal just like that.

watched it again.
          I like the way he takes a deep breath and just does it, steady, steady hands.
          Last edited by tatu; 05-26-2014, 03:31 PM.
          sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
            So now they build the Royal Enfield in India, so obviously it now has to be an inferior product thrown together by unskilled labour working for a bowl of rice a day................or maybe not.
            It would appear that craftsmanship and the lost art of pin striping by hand is still very alive and well.
            Bet this kind of attention never went into them when the poms built them way back when.
            This guy certainly has the talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hhRnqDWFrQ

Awesome. That guy's got talent.

British built Enfield better than Indian?
            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Love that at the end the guy just beams with pride once he had finished. Before that he was all business.

Comment

That's amazing to watch. For me the best bit is the fact he's gone to work wearing smart trousers and a shirt ....he's working in a paint shop! I'd be in overalls, wearing gloves and making a bodge of trying to apply laser cut decals to put pin stripes like that on my tank! He's got a funky paint brush and a steady hand and gets an amazing finish - fair play.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                  Awesome. That guy's got talent.

British built Enfield better than Indian?
                  Don't forget Ed, RE had packed up before the worst of Meriden where the guys just didn't give a monkey's. Quality control in India needs to get a lot sharper and they.need to realise that just because spares are pretty cheap it doesn't mean premature failures are acceptable. Neither is rust on brand new bikes.
                  79 GS1000S
                  79 GS1000S (another one)
                  80 GSX750
                  80 GS550
                  80 CB650 cafe racer
                  75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                  75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
                    Don't forget Ed, RE had packed up before the worst of Meriden where the guys just didn't give a monkey's. Quality control in India needs to get a lot sharper and they.need to realise that just because spares are pretty cheap it doesn't mean premature failures are acceptable. Neither is rust on brand new bikes.
                    Don't forget the rubber parts perishing, the quality control is dreadful, but they are a hoot to ride if you're not in a hurry.
                    sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Not to mention no matter what village you're in there's parts and a guy to cheaply fix it....One of the biggest problems in Indian manufacturing is the quality and consistency of the metals they start out with.....
                      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time1983 GS 750
                      https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4256/3...8bf549ee_t.jpghttps://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4196/3...cab9f62d_t.jpg

Comment

There's a great adventure video I saw on a guy who rode one across the wastes of ... was it Mongolia, Turkmenistan, some godforsaken place. Awesome video with great humor. The bike holds up remarkably well.
                        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

Hand Pin Striping

I've seen this before, I think the best part is the man's smile. He does awesome work...

Comment

Is this thread about the quality of Royal Enfield or is it about the skill of a craftsman? Both artists in the videos are highly skilled. But pin striping on a curved surface is more difficult than a flat surface.

Comment

I am in awe of the skill of these guys- great to see craftsmanship and pride is not yet dead. Maybe that's what motivates us to restore our 'dinosaurs?'

Comment

Working...
                              X