Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tarozzi rearsets on a GS1000 - before and after photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tarozzi rearsets on a GS1000 - before and after photos?

Folks,

I am interested in the Tarozzi rearsets for a 1978 GS1000E - does anyone have a picture of the Tarozzi's installed on a GS1000.

I'm trying to determine if the new location of the footpegs (up and back) is too aggressive for the handlebars I am running - I will be using a set of "european" bars. The goal is to have a bike which looks vintage yet has a few modern touches and is comfortable for longer rides...

BikeMaster makes great motorcycle parts, both big and small, and we’ve got all the BikeMaster motorcycle parts you could ever need! Shop today.

Any help is appreciated.

PS: I did search, but didn't see any photos of Tarozzi's on a GS1000...
    Cogito ergo sum - "I think, therefore I am"
    René Descartes

I like them a lot, at first I thought they were too high and forward but after a day I got used to it and they are super comfortable for me. I'm 6 ft tall with a 32" pant leg if that helps. I bought these off a forum member, I'd really like to swap them for the black ones like you posted in your link though. If you're looking for stock pictures there's plenty in my 78' GS1000 build thread. I've put on different bars as well, not sure if they are super bikes or Europeans though, but you get a good idea of their bend.

Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Here's my issue: the stock rearsets are actually quite comfortable for longer trips, however, I'd like a slightly more modern look to contrast the remainder of the bike.

i wish there was something aftermarket that had adjustability to a near stock location.
      René Descartes

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
        I like them a lot, at first I thought they were too high and forward but after a day I got used to it and they are super comfortable for me. I'm 6 ft tall with a 32" pant leg if that helps. I bought these off a forum member, I'd really like to swap them for the black ones like you posted in your link though. If you're looking for stock pictures there's plenty in my 78' GS1000 build thread. I've put on different bars as well, not sure if they are super bikes or Europeans though, but you get a good idea of their bend.

By the way - thanks for the photos!!!!!!!
        René Descartes

Comment

Originally posted by philosopheriam View Post
          Here's my issue: the stock rearsets are actually quite comfortable for longer trips, however, I'd like a slightly more modern look to contrast the remainder of the bike.

i wish there was something aftermarket that had adjustability to a near stock location.
          what do you mean by "stock rearsets"? Suzuki never made any.
          Rob
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Hello, Jack

AZR -

Did you ever consider/try running your oil cooler lines over the engine?

Great looking bike, BTW.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Oh here's a picture of the stock foot pegs compared to the rearsets

I've since secured the oil lines a bit better. I've never thought of running the S/S lines over the engine, what's the point of hiding them? might as well buy rubber ones if I was going to do that. Besides, the whole set up came on a parts bike so used what I had.

Last edited by azr; 07-28-2014, 12:54 AM.
              Rob

Comment

what do you mean by "stock rearsets"? Suzuki never made any.
                I misspoke - I meant to say "the stock footpeg and lever" locations...
                René Descartes

Comment

I've never thought of running the S/S lines over the engine, what's the point of hiding them? might as well buy rubber ones if I was going to do that.
                  My Z1 had rubber lines to the Lockhart over the engine and right behind the carbs. Around the side in the airstream looks like it would run cooler. Also has that badass 'modified' look (top end oiler), whereas my old Z looked completely stock.
                  Last edited by Rob S.; 07-28-2014, 04:04 AM.
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Do these replace the foot controls for both the brake and gear selector or just the brake? I think these would be great on my gs650g with how it's set up with the café style bars

Comment

I love the Tarozzis on my 1000. I winced at the cost, until I installed them. Perfect fit and they feel great. I have superbike bars on it, too, and the combo is very comfortable. I also routed my oil cooler lines a bit higher with hangers off the chrome cam caps. No problems at all after about 4 years using this setup.

1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

You Sir, have a great looking bike.

Comment

Thanks, matt..
                          1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Question: With those rearsets are passengers still able to comfortable use the pass pegs?

Comment

wow, you're foot controls are a lot higher than mine, I'll have to try that out. And I see you used the stock rear brake spring on yours, I didn't even think of putting that back in. Did you have to cut into the frame for you Yoshi?
                              Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X