No announcement yet.

Any GS850L windshield solutions out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For now I need to come up with a mount for the Windjammer. I am liking the fact that I sit upright and tall on "Little Suzy". Able to see over the roofs of most cars. Eye-to-eye with many pickup-truck and SUV drivers too.

Not sure a streetfigther type screen/faring would fill-the-bill but thanks for the offer Wymple.

Comment

drop me a line and I will try and send you the mounting instructions on the Vetter.

V
      Gustov
      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
      81 GS 1000 G
      79 GS 850 G
      81 GS 850 L
      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
      80 GS 550 L
      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
      2002 Honda 919
      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

The Plexifairing is what my son runs on his 650 Guzzi, and it works very well.

Comment

WHAT LUCK !!! I found a complete Windjammer V on Craigslist with a windhsield and mount for an unbelieveable "giveaway" price. In fact, the guy who sold/gave it to me is on this site regularly. I guess the best part is, he lives in the next town !!!

Only caveat is the mount is for a 1000GS and won't fit my frame. Parts of it sure will fit the fairing and I think I can make up what I need by copying elements from the 1000 mount. Work on "little Suzy" will be non-existent for several days but meanwhile, I'll keep researching and reaching out to those who are offering mounting ideas for the Vetter.

I am certainly interested in doing anything I can to withstand the cold blast while riding, as far into the Fall-Winter as possible. The Windjammer should go a long way to helping me do that. The first rainfall I rode in for many years, had me worried and I of course slowed way down, espeically around corners. The 2nd one was far less worrisome and I was much better dressed for it. Rain won't stop me but I am not expecting to ever want to ride her in a snow storm or freezing rain.

Comment

You say the fairing is from a "1000GS". Do you mean a GS1000 (possibly an "E" model) or a GS1000G?

If it's a shaft-driven 1000G, you have the same frame, the mount should fit.

Even if it's from a chain-driven bike, most of the large Suzukis were not that different on the front frame tubes, it should fit.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
            X