No announcement yet.

Handlebar suggestions for my 82 1100L?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've used both the NEP and Vista and had better luck with the NEP. Simpler design. Both came with bikes I had bought and I eventually threw both on the shelf to collect dust. I just don't like any possibility of inadvertant throttle action especially on quicker bikes like my old FZ1 and B1200S. I don't even like the cramp busters because it messes up my coordination of clutch/throttle letoff on bikes with quick 1/4 turn throttles. Sure there are times on longer trips the throttle locks would be nice and there is no traffic to deal with. I get off my bike to stretch(including my right wrist) anyway, every hour or so.

Comment

I received and installed the '83 G bars today. Much better. Thanks for the suggestion, Steve.

I'm a little concerned about the master cylinder though. It's made for bars that point down. (It has an angle to it to keep it level). It now points down at a fairly steep angle.

Should I be concerned? Should I start watching for a G master cylinder?

Rob

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Don't you somewhat automatically move your throttle hand to close the throttle when you shift?

Doesn't everybody?

well i was still quite green (second or third outing with the 650g) and wasn't thinking about the throttle when i went to shift because my rpms were fairly low at the cruise speed i was at when i was making a turn. scared the crap outta me and i never did that again.

Comment

Just wanted to add an option. If you weld, you can easily change the geometry of your bars--either subtly or drastically. It's free, no waiting on shipping, and you can make it exactly like you want it.

Comment

Working...
          X