79 GS 850 G
    81 GS 850 L
    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
    80 GS 550 L
    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
    2002 Honda 919
    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Looking much better there, Lorenzo. Avanti!
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Even the shorter version looks ridiculously long to me.

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
        1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
          The longer fairing will hit the knees.

V
          You might have a point there...

go back to post #11 (we do not want to clutter the thread, with replicas of the same image with lile diffs)

the anthropomorphic measurement are related to the wheelbase length and my actual measurements!
          GS1000G '81

Comment

The foot seems quite a distance from the shifter there ...
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

post #11 again

I tend to ride with the peg under the front bottom of the sole, not between the heel and the plantar....

But I think the pegs will have to be relocated (further aback) as well...

So, we've agreed so far, with the lenght of the side of the fairing, even though, I would not have minded, having the leg off the air stream), I guess the rear tip of the fairing, will have to be a little curved to deflect the air, to compensate for this.

The big eight o'clock question for today is: will this lose me the laminarity of the stream??
              Last edited by Lorenzo; 12-29-2014, 03:10 PM.
              GS1000G '81

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
                GS1000Banana
                My apologies, if my comment above offended you. It was not my intent.

I have seen the depicted bike with a Wes Cooley fairing and I recall the bike looked awesome with it......... not sure if that is what you are after.

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
                  My apologies, if my comment above offended you. It was not my intent.
                  You Kidding???
                  Let me stigmatize though, the nature of the media we communicate with;

If I write: "..bla bla bla, removed etc etc" someone might think I feel harassed, but believe me, that is a feeling I want to save for those face-to-face meetings, end not for a forum.
                  OK, there are "smileys" but I gather the average age of us colleagues, is XXsomething, so forgive if I not use them with abundance;

The reason I went to this extent, in reassuring you, is because I have frequently had misunderstandings, even with my next of language kins, and I simply bailed off, cause I did not bother to go through all the explaining, but I feel this forum has an "human capital" rare to find around, so I would like to stick around...

That's it with the rant....

I have seen the depicted bike with a Wes Cooley fairing and I recall the bike looked awesome with it......... not sure if that is what you are after.
                  No, I would like something of my own device, (I have no problem with GRP) so It will have to suit me.

Thanks
                  Last edited by Lorenzo; 07-29-2016, 03:21 PM.
                  GS1000G '81

Comment

I'm probably missing something, but with the position of the shopped leg, it seems the butt that would marry with the thigh would be sitting on the extreme rear passenger portion of the seat.

edit.. I guess if the x marks the hip joint, the rump might fall on the border between the rider and passenger areas
                    Last edited by 1948man; 01-04-2015, 06:59 PM.
                    1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
                    1983 GS 1100 G
                    2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
                    2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
                    1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

you are absolutely right man..!
                      If I where to save my face, I would say that: with clip-ons, rear sets and a cafe' seat, you would probably end up, sitting that far, but at the moment it has no clip-ons nor rear-sets or cafe seat to show for, so nowhere left for me to hide,
                      but,
                      we'll get there.

Thanks
                      Last edited by Lorenzo; 01-05-2015, 02:19 PM.
                      GS1000G '81

Comment

With a 4 pipe set-up.I would like see it and what others think of a "monza"(I believe) style.Melting of really old and the classic 80's rear end?
                        Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                        Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                        Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Originally posted by Lorenzo View Post
                          post #11 again

I tend to ride with the peg under the front bottom of the sole, not between the heel and the plantar....

But I think the pegs will have to be relocated (further aback) as well...

So, we've agreed so far, with the lenght of the side of the fairing, even though, I would not have minded, having the leg off the air stream), I guess the rear tip of the fairing, will have to be a little curved to deflect the air, to compensate for this.

The big eight o'clock question for today is: will this lose me the laminarity of the stream??

The fairing on my bike is roughly the same shape, but the rear end is more toward the front. The rear ends are curved downwards, to allow the fitting of leg shrouds (covers), which I have never fitted.

1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

excellent, what are the dynamics of the fairing, at various speeds, say 2,500-3,000 and 4000 RPM?
                            could you please post a front view as well?
                            thanks
                            Last edited by Lorenzo; 01-12-2015, 12:01 PM.
                            GS1000G '81

Comment

Originally posted by limeex2 View Post
                              With a 4 pipe set-up.I would like see it and what others think of a "monza"(I believe) style.Melting of really old and the classic 80's rear end?
                              Do not know about the Monza style... can you post pics?

Four pots would probably look gorgeous; the pipes could be smaller and slender (we do not need extra weight), thanks to the improved extraction of gases;

Thanks
                              Last edited by Lorenzo; 01-12-2015, 12:04 PM.
                              GS1000G '81

Comment

Does anyone happens to have blueprints of the GS1000? I mean more or less outlined drawings of the front, side and top view?

something like: http://www.picsauto.com/imgs/13854-s...50-s-katana/8/

Thanks
                                Last edited by Lorenzo; 01-12-2015, 12:17 PM.
                                GS1000G '81

Comment

Working...
                                X