Rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post
    The fairing on my bike is roughly the same shape, but the rear end is more toward the front. The rear ends are curved downwards, to allow the fitting of leg shrouds (covers), which I have never fitted.

That is really pretty.
    1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
    1983 GS 1100 G
    2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
    2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
    1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorenzo View Post
      excellent, what are the dynamics of the fairing, at various speeds, say 2,500-3,000 and 4000 RPM?
      could you please post a front view as well?
      thanks
      The fairing is made of fibreglass and is not heavy at all. It has never affected the handling negatively, even at high revs. The lip of the windscreen is turned upwards right at the top, so the windflow goes over my helmet without causing any buffeting.

Just a further note and heads-up on your rendering in post #11: at extreme right and left turn positions of the handlebar (which is standard GS850G), my hands get very close to the cutout part of the fairing. You should allow for this, and maybe move your fairing position slightly forward. On the other hand, your fairing could be narrower at the front, so may not have that issue.

Don't seem to find a direct frontal photo, but hope this one helps?

EDIT: Just found a better frontal view:

Last edited by 2BRacing; 01-12-2015, 04:44 PM.
      1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Lorerenzo,I couldnt copy a picture if my life depended on it! Google Augostini Bikes. Fuller fairing,4 pipes 60's styling,or the Honda 6 Cyl 125.MV's. Beautiful GP bikes from the past.
        Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple:twistedevil:, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
        Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
        Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

try a rendering with the fairing ending at or just past the suzuki emblem on the tank and see how it looks. check out the older moto guzzis (as i am sure thats what youre going after) and their fairings. right now, the fairing is too long in either rendering.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post
            The fairing on my bike is roughly the same shape, but the rear end is more toward the front. The rear ends are curved downwards, to allow the fitting of leg shrouds (covers), which I have never fitted.

This fairing looks awesome on you bike....nice job!!

I had a couple of Honda 900F'S a while back with this fairing (Hondaline Fairing). It was a completely different experience riding with the fairing. Very quiet, smooth and less fatigue with it on.

I sold a GS 850G last year.......had I thought of doing what you did, I would have kept. Again, nice work!

Comment

Vmass, yes, the old Guzzi's I remember are the Le Mans series, but they sport a short fairing;

I think the longer ones where just aftermarket one's like this:

Has anyone here put a fairing on their A-model BSA ? I have this Avon Lynx to go on my BSA (here in a mock-up state, trying to determine the exact position of the fairing)) The of-the-shelve mounts I've see all attach to/around the headstock with U-shaped thingies. Can't be don...

I know, the easyest way might be to just bolt on/adapt a readily available one, but I am on a trip of streamlining something for this very bike model, possibly going around with the old red wool threads, to check for eddies and vortices....
              (by the way, the fishbowl is great too...)

and this is, more or less, what I am try on achieving (fairing related).
              Thanks

[/URL]
              Last edited by Lorenzo; 02-12-2015, 05:03 PM.
              GS1000G '81

Comment

This calls for a brief fotostory;

this is what I did to my battle scarred Gamma fairing....

[/URL]

If you see the red wrapped iron wire coil on the background and relate it to the wire-frame on the foreground, you can gauge, with a fair grade of approximation, my "nutterance"....

More to come, if enough interest is generated, also cause a nite shift is on the call....
                GS1000G '81

Comment

There ya go! I believe they where called half fairing back in the days. That would look sweet. 4 pipe set up?
                  Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple:twistedevil:, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                  Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                  Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Originally posted by limeex2 View Post
                    There ya go! I believe they where called half fairing back in the days. That would look sweet. 4 pipe set up?
                    Extremely difficult a task (for me)
                    Extremely tempting...
                    GS1000G '81

Comment

and a bit of template work...

more shaping...

Layering

There you are, the layering job is done;
                      Last edited by Lorenzo; 02-14-2015, 06:16 PM.
                      GS1000G '81

Comment

Very interesting Lorenzo. Keep us informed on your progress. Thank you.

cg
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g
                        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by jsandidge View Post
                          Me likey! What kind of exhaust is that?
                          U'donnow...?

It's an exhaust we are developing amongst members, here at GSR...!

You can take part in the developing or just make a reservation for a set.

Thanks for your likeing...
                          Just now caught on to this thread and didn't see any mention about the 70s Honda 750 Four exhaust. Remove the end caps and you have the same thing.

:cool:GSRick
                          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Last edited by Lorenzo; 07-21-2015, 05:33 AM.
                            GS1000G '81

Comment

Never cared for the Honda pipes, don't see much difference. With all that piping, it had to be thin to keep the weight in line and the Honda stuff rotted rather quickly as I recall. My old XS650's had far better stuff on them.

Comment

At times, I get undecided...

Which bags shape you like the most (dislike the least)

or

Last edited by Lorenzo; 08-26-2015, 07:11 AM.
                                GS1000G '81

Comment

Working...
                                X