No announcement yet.

Wrapping the 1150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful bike and different too. I also think it would look super with white rims but I am prejudiced, having run white rims on 3 of my last 4 project bikes.

As noted, they will need near constant attention to keep clean of road dirt and brake dust, but a quick spritz and brush with a cleaner like Simply Green or similar followed by a bucket of clean water to rinse and you are good to go again. The key is to not let dirt build up I find.
    Last edited by Guest; 01-08-2015, 03:16 PM.

Comment

White rims might look pretty good, but I've had white and yellow rims on bikes before and regretted the constant upkeep.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

I considered buying this one. The guy wanted $2600 but I was pretty sure I didn't have a hope in Hell of getting it Collector plated......... { a big deal with insurance costs here }

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

I think that bike would look better with black or gold wheels.
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
            I considered buying this one. The guy wanted $2600 but I was pretty sure I didn't have a hope in Hell of getting it Collector plated......... { a big deal with insurance costs here }

IMHO, that bike looks like crap with those white rims. YUK!

Comment

I do too. If I had bought it they wouldn't have stayed that way.....
              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

I think the white rims are right on, they pick up the white skunk lines perfectly.
                GS1150Pilot, to answer your question, I would go solid black on your rims, but use the same sheen as your engine which I think is gloss.

Comment

Indeed, and they are being done in black!
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

pictures coming soon i'm sure

Comment

I'm with everyone that says black. The devil us in the details, and you can go over the top and make it look horrible. I find less is more in a lot of cases, and it usually pays off in the end

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                        pictures coming soon i'm sure
                        Most assuredly, including the look without fairing mounted mirrors.
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by 60ratrod View Post
                          I'm with everyone that says black. The devil us in the details, and you can go over the top and make it look horrible. I find less is more in a lot of cases, and it usually pays off in the end
                          I very much liked the look of the early GSX-Rs with the black wheels, and those were the same style as these.
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                            Most assuredly, including the look without fairing mounted mirrors.
                            Werent you recently looking for mirrors?
                            Personally I'm a fan of the ES fairing sans mirrors- except for the 2 holes and screw. Mine came about literally by accident. After I lowsided mine years ago I rode without the fairing for a season, and used bar ends.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Ran across this ad on cl this morning.. remembered this thread...pic of gold wheels... my vote is you go with black also

Suzuki GS1000 GS 1000 Wheel & Metzeler Tire - $90 (Erie) < >

1979 Suzuki OEM front wheel with freshly painted gold highlights, polished aluminum accents & very good Metzeler ME-77 100/90V-19 tire.
                              82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                              80 gs1000s

Comment

Now those in black with a polished silver would be awesome. Basically turn the gold parts black.

Comment

Working...
                                X