A unique '83 GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A unique '83 GS1100E

I took a ride to the Florida Leesburg bike fest yesterday. Perhaps the last time I will be riding my '82 GS1100E.
    With all the thousands of bikes that show up, there's always some older classics around.
    I saw this '83 GS1100E there, it was for sale, $5,700.00 is what I remember.
    But the bike was nice.
    This guy created something a little different from the garden variety stock ones you see posted here.
    I would say his attention to detail was amazing.
    But....... it's looks a little different doesn't it?
    He was leaving as I approached so I wasn't able to talk other than get this quick pic.

sigpic
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Very nice - I agree, great attention to detail - a nice amount of black and shiny together, very tasteful, but not over the top. Is that a Vance and Hines pipe?

Looks like he's fitted some tiny LED driving lights right under the headlight. I like to do that to my bikes too.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

An '83 in '82 colors - rare to see.

Very nice (and rare) to see you here these days, Sedelen.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Wow! That's really nice, looks like he's put a lot of time (and $$ no doubt) into it with great results.

Comment

It gets a from me, too.

Not sure if it's '82 colors, though, looks more like a bright silver or even a pearl white.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Is that black paint or rubber in the knee indentations? Also, why will you no longer be riding the '82 Sedelen?
            1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
            1983 GS 1100 G
            2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
            2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
            1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Looks like the exact rubber pads I have on my BK

Not really sure what purpose they have... Something to hold on to?? That's what I sue them for LOL No wonder my pads look to be sliding back now
              Jedz Moto
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2002 Honda Reflex 250
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120
              2023 Triumph Scrambler 1200XE
              Cages: '18 Subaru OB wagon 3.6R and '16 Mazda 3
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by 1948man View Post
                Is that black paint or rubber in the knee indentations? Also, why will you no longer be riding the '82 Sedelen?
                That is black rubber knee pads, I did not get to talk to guy much, except to say I had an '82 parked nearby. But after looking at his, and it was flawless as far as everything he did, paint and clean as a whistle, even
                Trevor would be impressed I think. I think he has air horns or some type of aftermarket horn on it, radar detector or deer alarm emitter under the headlights, moulding around the tank edge, fork brace, tank and side
                cover emblems/badges, custom grips. I was confused as it looked so good it almost seemed a production model. When I looked at it I knew something was off kilter. And I thought after looking at his mine would be
                considered scrap.
                I will continue to ride my '82 GS1100E, at least until I sell it, hopefully soon.
                I will start life anew in Medellin, Colombia, I'm hoping this summer.

My '82 GS1100E in my most recent picture a month ago.
                sigpic
                Steve

Comment

Your bike looks good to me. Good luck in Medellin, don't let the ladies wear you out.
                  1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
                  1983 GS 1100 G
                  2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
                  2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
                  1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Wow! Medellin is a very interesting part of the world. What's the back story behind that decision?

I have met a number of, let's say firey, women from there over the years. I hope your ticker is in great shape.

(and your '82 still looks dang nice to me)
                    '83 GS650G
                    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by 1948man View Post
                      Your bike looks good to me. Good luck in Medellin, don't let the ladies wear you out.
                      Ladies? What ladies? I don't see any ladies?

sigpic
                      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
                        That is black rubber knee pads, I did not get to talk to guy much, except to say I had an '82 parked nearby. But after looking at his, and it was flawless as far as everything he did, paint and clean as a whistle, even
                        Trevor would be impressed I think. I think he has air horns or some type of aftermarket horn on it, radar detector or deer alarm emitter under the headlights, moulding around the tank edge, fork brace, tank and side
                        cover emblems/badges, custom grips. I was confused as it looked so good it almost seemed a production model. When I looked at it I knew something was off kilter. And I thought after looking at his mine would be
                        considered scrap.
                        I will continue to ride my '82 GS1100E, at least until I sell it, hopefully soon.
                        I will start life anew in Medellin, Colombia, I'm hoping this summer.

My '82 GS1100E in my most recent picture a month ago.
                        Lol...I think it look s great. And for the record I love your 82 1100...one of the finest examples on the forum for sure!
                        No signature :(

Comment

I could write a book on Medellin and my adventures there.
                          In fact I think I have on Gringos.com, a thread called "Revisting my exit plan" on the Colombian forum.

There was a thread here once, one I believe started by Trevor where I kinda inadvertently hijacked his thread due to interest of everyone asking about Medellin and the ladies there, and I was posting
                          allot of pic's of the ladies I met there. Trevor took offense to it, I mean an Old guy like me with a stunning 20 something, he was probably right in doing so, so I apologized and stopped. But.......... it seems to be a unpopular subject to many guys because
                          they think I'm down there exploiting the women, and I'm not and I have no intention of ever doing so. I do enjoy being around them because, their friendly, their approachable,
                          their fun loving, they like Americans, age doesn't matter to them, they do all the work, and they are "stunning." There's allot of real life Sophia Vergeras down there. I'm hoping I can
                          behave better than the Drug Enforcement and Secret Service agents that couldn't keep their hands off the tatas down there. Oh, did I say they were "stunning!" Miss Universe is Colombian!
                          I will miss the '79 GS1000E and my '82 GS1100E, wonder what kind of scoot I'll get down there? a small crotch rocket perhaps.

sigpic
                          Steve

Comment

Well thanks Trevor, coming from you that means allot, because I know how meticulous you are, I'm just not, but I do try, and I say try, to keep them at a certain standard (like running, ha, ha). I know dirt
                            washes off but still, they need detailing every now and then, and it's been a long time since I actually put any elbow grease into it. And I think I will save that for the next owner!
                            sigpic
                            Steve

Comment

Are you going to post your bikes on here for sale?? When do you expect to sell, Steve???

Comment

Working...
                              X