X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My GS 750 project

have replaced tank,seat,side coversalso new emblems,front and rear pads
    chain,instrament cluster.mirrors turn signals tires rear fender,carbs,
    airbox, battery,backrest,shocks i still need to repaint also want to replace clutch,stator,r/r,points,coils, and maybe bigbore kit http://groups.msn.com/SuzukiGSGarage/gs750project.msnw

Nice.

Interesting signals

Comment

Good job.

Comment

Nice rear shocks!! What did you get those off of?
        I'm looking to replace my rear shocks and need to know.

Thanks,
        Dm of mD

Comment

Originally posted by Detman101
          Nice rear shocks!! What did you get those off of?
          I'm looking to replace my rear shocks and need to know.

Thanks,
          Dm of mD
          Hey,
          What length are your shocks?

The ones on the 650 are pretty much Identical to those and I've been toying with the idea of using different shocks I have. If they are the same length I'm sure I could let them go.. PM me and we'll work it out.

Amos

Comment

I really don't know bud. How do I measure them?
            I mean, I'm asking that because they do shrink and expand and I need to know the right way to measure them so that the new ones will fit.

I have a 1981 GS750L if that can help any.

Dm

Comment

Best way to measure them is off the bike. Center to center of the mounting holes.

Or just put it up on the center stand and measure it, I'll measure the 650's the same way and we'll see what we come up with.

I know my 550's measured like 13" center to center. I'm hoping the 650's do as well, as I had picked up a pair of progressives for the 550 that I'd rather put on the 650 since it will be the bike I'm keeping.

Unfortunately, Progressive doesn't list the 650E or the 550T :x :x :x for the years I own. So I haven't been able to use that as a check on whether they are the same replacement part or not.

Powersportspro.com lists them as different parts, but that may be because the 550 may have been set up as a less sporty model. Time will tell.

Amos

Comment

I will measure them tonight and getback to you tomorrow morning through PM.

Thanks for the help. I realy believe my rear shocks are shot cause the rear suspension bottoms out and it's on the stiffest setting.

:?
                Dm of mD

Comment

Originally posted by Detman101
                  I will measure them tonight and getback to you tomorrow morning through PM.

Thanks for the help. I realy believe my rear shocks are shot cause the rear suspension bottoms out and it's on the stiffest setting.

:?
                  Dm of mD
                  Sounds like a plan. I could go measure mine right now, now that I think about it.

But I'll wait to hear back from you.

Amos

Comment

Dude, They're 13 inchers.
                    I'll PM you now.

Dm of mD

Comment

Working...
                    X