what do you think about this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do you think about this?

i wanna take the the harley looking handlebars off my gs750 and i wanna put straight rice rocket handle bars on it!i want it to look like a rice rocket!what do u think about it?

What year and model (E, L, S, etc) do you have?

Michael

Comment

hey

i have a 1977 gs750

Comment

Instead of straight bars, maybe some clubman bars. I did the same thing once with a 400 Honda, its all I had and I wanted the racer feeling (back in 1983), so on went the header, 1/4 fairing and clubmans. It was kind of fun, but my Buddies still spanked me on the straigts.

Kenny

Comment

look at flanders bars for the different styles big selection

Comment

hey

yeah i want the race rocket look!i also have a 4 into 1 kerker racing pipe on it now!

Comment

whats flanders bars website?

Comment

Flat like these? I am also thinking about clumbans. Too bad universal clip-ons are so expensive....
                [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgDvAgYVD!!YDRwTk6*F37pzpXR3o2Z96yamO4scDqO8qrO3D A1VAui!MUSIyynP135RtTXaXAXoriZxhTLtKp1YayvXE42YDnR sj0pt3JJ1rOIWQOL7hw/P4240014.JPG?dc=4675469436676835950[/img]

Comment

Re: what do you think about this?

Originally posted by knightrider5869
                  i wanna take the the harley looking handlebars off my gs750 and i wanna put straight rice rocket handle bars on it!i want it to look like a rice rocket!what do u think about it?
                  My personal opinion? :twisted: Gas the goofy looking stock bars and replace them with bars with a superbike bend. You're bent over a bit, but not so much you're going to have aching wrists or looking like you're getting intimate with your gas tank!
                  Kevin
                  E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                  "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                  Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Yea, what Kevin said.

The E model I have has a flat bar on it.....not much longer.
                    I'm going to put a superbike bend on it.

The flat is just too much of a reach, and I have long arms.
                    Keith
                    -------------------------------------------
                    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
                    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

i want handle bars like the one on the blue bike!

Comment

Re: what do you think about this?

Originally posted by mcycle-nut
                        My personal opinion? :twisted: Gas the goofy looking stock bars and replace them with bars with a superbike bend. You're bent over a bit, but not so much you're going to have aching wrists or looking like you're getting intimate with your gas tank!
                        Intimate eh?"... I luvs mah bike LUVS mah bike..."

Comment

That's stock GS450E bars, isn't it?

Michael

Comment

whats flanders bars website?
                            Since no one answered this yet, I might as well. Flanders Bar Company:

Enjoy. If you can't find the right bars there, they don't exist.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mopolopo
                              That's stock GS450E bars, isn't it?

Michael
                              They are very close to stock. They came off an older Suzuki at a junk yard. they are a tad wider (longer) than the stock ones.

Dennis Kirk also has a pretty good selection of bars. Get a free metric catalog from them. Makes for wonderful "library" readin - thick as a phonebook. Found out that if you order an Electrix stator from DK rather than the official site you can save at least 15$. You spend over 100$ and Dennis Kirk ships free

Comment

Working...
                              X