No announcement yet.

Fairings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this windshield. Wondered if anyone has used something like this? It looks like for the '83 GS 750E it replaces the top fairing piece (the piece that goes over the headlight and gages)?

Industry leader in aftermarket and custom motorcycle windscreens. We will bring your windshield ideas to life!

Curious if that's what you have to do. That is about what I'm looking for as I don't want to replace the whole fairing and have to re-paint etc.....

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
      I suggest trying to find an S model fairing for it. I think you will like it and it was made for the GS1000 so it looks great. Plus it is fuinctional for a small fairing in putting a good bit of air off the rider and also pushing the front end down a bit at higher speeds instead of making it feel light like some quarters will do.

It's what I am going with on mine. One of our wonderfull forum members in Austrailia sent me one with the mounts and all I need do it get it painted and mounted. Of course I wont be doing anything with it until I pay him for it Very patient indeed.

It will look great when it is done. They are hard to find but are still out there. Here is a picture of one in case you don't know what I am talking about.

My budd Nick and i were working on a wes cooley just like that this tuesday. Same color too. Wow what a machine

Comment

Originally posted by dmplatt
        I found this windshield. Wondered if anyone has used something like this? It looks like for the '83 GS 750E it replaces the top fairing piece (the piece that goes over the headlight and gages)?

Industry leader in aftermarket and custom motorcycle windscreens. We will bring your windshield ideas to life!

Curious if that's what you have to do. That is about what I'm looking for as I don't want to replace the whole fairing and have to re-paint etc.....

Dave
        I had purchased one of those B4 my bike recieved parking lot murder, It just bolted in place of the fake shield on top of the mini fairing our bikes came with. it is roughly 1.5 inches taller than factory.

Comment

I had purchased one of those B4 my bike recieved parking lot murder, It just bolted in place of the fake shield on top of the mini fairing our bikes came with. it is roughly 1.5 inches taller than factory.
          How does it look? Have any pictures you can post? Does it block the wind fairly well?

Dave

Comment

I wasn,t that impressed with the air blockage and it still looked stock to me, sorry I don't have any photos to share. I would look for the fairing style you like and then build the mounts to fit your machine.

Comment

Working...
            X