Handlebar Grips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handlebar Grips

Im trying to turn my motorcycle into a Cafe Racer/Brat style bike and the first step for me is going to be getting clubman handlebars and installing them but for the look I'm going for I'm going to make the grips leather strips

Like this

Does anyone have experience in this and could give me some pointers for doing it? I've tried reading some forums on it and they were talking about bulking up the left griped side before putting the leather on and maybe putting some cushioning underneath the grips?
    Attached Files

How about some lizard skin bat wrap? I recently re-wrapped my sons bat with this, it can be found at Sport Authority or Dicks Sports or any sporting goods store for that matter. It has a slight cushion to it and you could double wrap it if you wanted more cushion and then apply your leather wrap. I think it comes in different thickness's too.

Comment

I've been thinking about doing this on my bars. My plan was to get some 8 or 9oz vegetable tanned cowhide and basically cut it into rectangles and stitch it on. I think something like this would do and has the thickness to give the grips some thickness and would be be comfortable (and would conform to your hand with time).
      1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
      1977 GS550
      1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Working...
      X