81 gs 850L bar size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 gs 850L bar size

Hello, I am new here and have a 1981 gs850L I really like the bike but the stock bars have too much pull back for my tastes. The problem is the center of the bar is about 8".The bar could be a bit shorter but its over 5" from the outsides of the bar clamps. I cant seem to find a bar that will fit in the stock bar clamps. Im looking for daytona/supermoto style bars. thanks.

You have 7/8" handlebars. The Dayton bars work well on my 850G.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but those bars are too narrow. The center of those bars are listed at 4.4" and the outside to outside on my bar clamps are 5". The only bars that I have found that would fit are clubmans and drag bars. Neither of which I really want. But I guess either may be better than the extreme pull back on the stock 850L bars.

Comment

The Emgo and Bikemaster Daytona bars WILL fit. They've been used on these forums probably over a hundred times. I have a brand new set on my 1980 GS1000G and the bar spacing is the same as your GS850GL. My 1982 GS850GL has the same bar spacing as yours and the bars would fit without any issues.
        http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
        1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
        1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
        1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

See if this helps...

The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

I have a set of GR bars... A good compromise between the super bike bars and the L bars. Not too much pull back but enough so your not leaning to the triple tree. If interested let me know. I used them on my B-12 and it was all day comfort.

Jedz Moto
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2002 Honda Reflex 250
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120
            2023 Triumph Scrambler 1200XE
            Cages: '18 Subaru OB wagon 3.6R and '16 Mazda 3
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I ordered some emgo bars that hopefully will fit. The mesurments are close, so fingers crossed it fits.

Comment

Working...
              X