Givi ea101 saddle bags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Givi ea101 saddle bags?

Hello I'm thinking of getting the Givi ea101 bags.
    They are exactly what I want and I love the look.

Has anyone had the experience using this type of saddle?
    How did you install it. Over or under the seat?
    Did you need to install brackets etc?

Thank you.

I have no experience with those particular bags, but might be able to offer some insight on the over/under the seat question.

How often do you plan on adding/removing the bags? If they are going to be put on and left on, mount them under the seat, so you can anchor the straps. If you plan on throwing them on for a day (or weekend) trip, ask yourself "what is going to keep them from sliding around?" If you have a passenger that is going to be sitting on the straps to hold them in place, make sure the passenger is OK with the idea of sitting on the straps (and possibly the buckles). If you choose to put the straps under the seat, how easy is it to open/remove the seat for access to the straps?

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I have an old set of saddlebags I use on the occasional trip. I go over the seat. They have a set of clips about midway down the bag that I connect to the helmet lock. On the 1150 theres a enough horizontal space from the seat top down to the bottom of the trim to support and keep the bags from going under the tail, so ive never needed support brackets. I also used the same bags on my 1100e 20 something years ago.......wow, my junk is getting old.......
      Attached Files
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Great looks like they will fit.

Thank you for your reply.
        Last edited by Guest; 06-30-2015, 09:12 PM.

Comment

I have an old pair of the Givi expandable bags, I just throw them over the seat. Pretty durable and hold a bunch.

V

Attached Files
          Gustov
          80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
          81 GS 1000 G
          79 GS 850 G
          81 GS 850 L
          83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
          80 GS 550 L
          86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
          2002 Honda 919
          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

check my thread for saddlebags I purchased, after much debate I bought the Tourmaster Elite saddlebags. They are very nicely built and they are over the seat mount for me, the Mrs is going and she has to sit on the straps but with jeans on she cant tell they are there. I was thinking of mounting under the seat but its too close to the exhaust. it obviously drops them down the height of the seat. I also wanted a saddlebag that i wouldnt have to move the turn signals.

Comment

Working...
            X