Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100 rear wheel in a 750

Hi
    Having problems trying to update my gs1150 powered gs750 by replacing the 18inch 750 rear wheel with wider 17inch 1100 rear wheel.
    The swinging arm is a standard 750 item.
    When I offer up the 1100 wheel with all the 750 spacers on the axle it appears to be 5mm to wide.
    Any ideas anyone???
    If I need to machine a new spacer which one do i need to replace. :?

do you have the 1100 spacers? maybe you could do a mix of both until you have the wheel centered and straight

Comment

Cheers Don
      I think Ive found the problem
      After checking the parts listing for both bikes on good old bikebandit.com Ive found that the my right hand spacer for the 750 is 16mm wide but they list the 1100 right hand side spacer as 12mm wide,it looks like both the left hand side spacers are the same at 28.3mm.
      If anyone out there can confirm this before I go and by myself a new r/h spacer as I do not have the 1100 spacers.
      cheers

Comment

Have done the same with my Kat paul. Never bothered about the spacers, just forced it in. Never had any serious probs with it like that but was never happy 'bout it. Saw your post last night and thought I'd give a go. Bodged a spacer to see what would happen a it works . Have now ordered the correct spacer to correct my bodge job. Seems ok, feels slightly different but ok so far. Will let you know if anything falls off.

Comment

Hi Katanasteve
          I got my 750 one machined fits a treat. Just taken it for a spin works great. 8)
          What size back tyre are you running?
          I ve got a 130/90 fitted but I have heard that a 140/80 should fit. Just a bit worried about the clearance on the brake arm and the chain guard

Comment

Same size tyre as you mate, Wheel did come with a 140 fitted but it was a little past its sell by date to be of any use. Dealer should have spacer in tomorrow with any luck.

Did offer up the 140 when I got it and clearence seems ok. Have heard but not seen that a 180 (with diff wheel) will go in without any frame mods.

Comment

Working...
            X