Got the dents removed from my tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the dents removed from my tank

Here is the before pic..you can see a golf ball size dent above the "Z" on the tank. There is also one to the left of the Suzuki emblem, was more of a crease. And one on top of the tank.

Used these guys...he told me $150 if they fix it and no charge if they can't.

Save time & money with fast and affordable Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) service in Victoria, Duncan & Nanaimo. 30+ Years Experience. Call us first.

After a cleaning today...

Very happy. Not a trace...

No signature :(

Wow, that bike is nice shape!
    '79 GS750 - 4th and current ride...first since 1983
    '73 CB350 - 1st ride
    '76 GT750 - 2nd ride - the "water buffalo" - sold to buy an engagement ring
    '79 RD400F Daytona Special - 3rd ride, the last of the street legal US 2-strokes - sold to buy a house

Comment

Very impressive work!
      sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

I need their services for my Tiller.
        2005 Suzuki Hayabusa
        2010 Suzuki GSX1250FA
        2015 BMW RnineT

Dave

Comment

Did you watch them.....How did they do it ?
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I'd like to know his technique... Was this just some random Paintless Dent Repair place in town?
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Looks great! My hat's off to them. It would cost more then twice that to repair and repaint.
              1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                So the guy made a tool to go inside the tank to push on the dent. But on the outside he has a kind of a vice that plugs on the outside of the tank...two plunge...rs stradle the out side of the tank and a third plunger id glued onto the dent....And they slowly pull the dent out. Very slowly.
                These guys are the only place in town...and there used to be 5 places but once you do the work like these guys do, no one else could compete.

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                I'd like to know his technique... Was this just some random Paintless Dent Repair place in town?

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                  Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                  I put the business in the original post.

Comment

That's amazing! Good to know someone can do the impossible with a bit of ingenuity.

Comment

Impressive, I have a few similar dents in a few of tanks that I'd love to get done one day!
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------
                      2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

That is seriously cool. I always look sideways at these mobile dent removers but there you go it does work.
                        Current Bikes.... 81,1230Kat, 86,GSXR1100, 86,RG500, :D
                        The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED! http://d26ya5yqg8yyvs.cloudfront.net/friday.gif

Comment

Working...
                        X