Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Hi:

I picked up an 1100E today. The bike has 17k miles and is in very nice shape. The bike looks very original, paint is in great shape......nothing look buggered up.

Runs and stops beautifully!

Some new territory for me...........got some learning to do!

Previous owner said carbs were done this past spring, along with a set of tires. Looks like the carb dip took the paint of the carb bodies.

It has a ratty V & H that has to go.

Can anyone give me their experience with Pit Replica for this specific seat cover? I have used their covers on other bikes with good results. I am curious with this style as it looks like it may be difficult to get a tight fit.

Comment

As far as I can tell, the following items are not stock:

1) Exhaust
      2) Mirrors
      3) Bars and grips

I hope to source the above original parts.

See anything else that does not look OEM?

Comment

You absolutely have to get rid of that Ratty exhaust, except anything else if going to be even harder to get.

And it is a good think you found that bike, that garage is way too clean

I guess you guys have long winters and little need for motorcycles for a good part of the year ? Great score.

Comment

You sure have a knack for finding the clean ones. Looks good! At first I thought it may have been the one down here for sale..... Its still for sale...

Good luck on what looks to be a fairly easy resto....
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I saw this up here a couple months ago. Kind of a barn find. Ill snoop around a bit and see if its still available

Last edited by bonanzadave; 09-09-2015, 10:12 PM.
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Hard to say about the mirrors. They look like Napolean replacements however on my '84 750EF it had 1 Suzuki mirror and 1 Napolean (both same style but shorter stem as yours) and they were identical except where one said Suzuki, the other said Napolean in the exact same spot. Probably a common supplier for the 2. Very nice bike by the way, I'm sure you'll do it proud.
              '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/
              https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4306/35860327946_08fdd555ac_z.jpg

Comment

I'm going to guess that the carbs aren't original either being that they're silver and not black. Nice bike though! I'm trying to convince a friend of mine to sell me one of the two he has.
                2005 Suzuki Hayabusa
                2010 Suzuki GSX1250FA
                2015 BMW RnineT

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                  I'm going to guess that the carbs aren't original either being that they're silver and not black. Nice bike though! I'm trying to convince a friend of mine to sell me one of the two he has.
                  Did you not get my email?
                  No signature :(

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                    Did you not get my email?
                    Just did! I need to figure out how to get e-mail alerts on my phone so I don't go hours between updates. I'm such a luddite.
                    2005 Suzuki Hayabusa
                    2010 Suzuki GSX1250FA
                    2015 BMW RnineT

Dave

Comment

Yay, I'm goingt o be an 83 GS1100E owner too! Let's form an exclusive club.
                      2005 Suzuki Hayabusa
                      2010 Suzuki GSX1250FA
                      2015 BMW RnineT

Dave

Comment

Nice bike, great find.
                        Shame your so far away, I have an original set of 4-2 chrome exhaust on my 83-ED which will be sold, they are in very good condition.

I'm going 17inch USD forks, 4-1 etc.
                        Just got to finish my RG5 build.
                        Current Bikes.... 81,1230Kat, 86,GSXR1100, 86,RG500, :D
                        The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED! http://d26ya5yqg8yyvs.cloudfront.net/friday.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                          I am not sure....the screws on the top and bottom of the carbs look to be black which would lead me to believe the carbs were dismantled and dipped. How does the factory paint on these carbs hold up to dipping?

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                            I saw this up here a couple months ago. Kind of a barn find. Ill snoop around a bit and see if its still available

I remember seeing that picture somewhere.............let me know, thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
                              I am not sure....the screws on the top and bottom of the carbs look to be black which would lead me to believe the carbs were dismantled and dipped. How does the factory paint on these carbs hold up to dipping?
                              I don't think they hold up well. Mine don't have the black paint on them anymore. At first I thought they were carbs of an 82 but when I got my latest 83 under some light power washing I noticed the paint flecking away quite easily.
                              Didn't those original exhaust already sell for something like $1200??
                              No signature :(

Comment

Working...
                              X