Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 125 S Paint code/name

Hello all!

I've had a search around the forum and can't seem to find what I'm looking for so I thought I'd post and ask (I hope this is okay as a first post; I couldn't see an 'introduce yourself' section). I just bought my other half a 'C' registration GS125 S (that's what the badge on the bike says, can't find an 'S' model on the web though, only ES or ESD; it does have electric start and a disc brake...); and it has a scab or two I want to rub back and repaint. The paint is a really lovely metallic (very sparkly) blue and looks to be a sod to get a match without getting a paint shop to do it. As our biking 'life' is to be on a very tight budget I was rather hoping I could just pick up a rattle can or two in the correct colour code. I've found this; http://www.troli.no/suzuki2.htm, but it's not very helpful without a colour chart or a model list...

Does anyone have any pointers for me, or access to a Suzuki colour chart from this era?

Thanks in advance!

Liam
    Last edited by Guest; 09-27-2015, 04:22 AM.

Sounds like you are in England. You will find your choice in paints very limited. Just grab something close and go for it.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by nitrosurf View Post
      Hello all!

I've had a search around the forum and can't seem to find what I'm looking for so I thought I'd post and ask (I hope this is okay as a first post; I couldn't see an 'introduce yourself' section). I just bought my other half a 'C' registration GS125 S (that's what the badge on the bike says, can't find an 'S' model on the web though, only ES or ESD; it does have electric start and a disc brake...); and it has a scab or two I want to rub back and repaint. The paint is a really lovely metallic (very sparkly) blue and looks to be a sod to get a match without getting a paint shop to do it. As our biking 'life' is to be on a very tight budget I was rather hoping I could just pick up a rattle can or two in the correct colour code. I've found this; http://www.troli.no/suzuki2.htm, but it's not very helpful without a colour chart or a model list...

Does anyone have any pointers for me, or access to a Suzuki colour chart from this era?

Thanks in advance!

Liam
      Liam can tell us what YEAR your bike is that is always a help and a picture too..though truth be told not many 125s show up here...Still,
      a couple of ideas but if you :

you can go here and download a pdf for suzuki paintcodes.

and download "SUZUKI-Farbcode für Zweiräder (Version 5.0)" it has the colours first and the models after, well "down" the pdf.

or,
      forum member Steve finds the code in the parts fiches Here's the thread http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...S850GLZ-Maroon have a look at some body parts and see if the colour code is seen for your bike ...try http://www.cmsnl.com/suzuki-motorcycle_model13053/

Last edited by Gorminrider; 09-28-2015, 10:57 AM.

Comment

That said, what I did for a fender was what tkent said.... a can of car spray can be very close if not exact match...even if you have an exact match of "official paint", a bit of fading might make it difficult and the factory process can be quite involved...other colours may be undercoats to make the paint "pop" and so forth..at least, I never had much luck fixing dings with touchups...

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
          ... or, forum member Steve finds the code in the parts fiches
          Yes, that has happened on occasion, but he needs to have the fiche available.

Apparently, that was a model that never made it to this side of "the Pond", so he can't help this time.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

C reg is a 1985 model. Suzuki list Space Blue Metallic code 04Y as the paint for your bike as far as I can tell.

The little GS is a great bike. Almost as unbreakable as Honda's CG but a bit quicker with more road presence and with ten times the cool. Just keep on top of the oil and filter changes (every 1000 miles - doesn't cost much as the sump holds next to nothing) and check the valve clearances every 3000 and it will last forever. Really good parts availability as well.
            Last edited by hampshirehog; 09-28-2015, 02:31 PM.
            79 GS1000S
            79 GS1000S (another one)
            80 GSX750
            80 GS550
            80 CB650 cafe racer
            75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
            75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Working...
            X