Swingarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swingarm

Ok, I've recieved my "new" swingarm for the 650. Before I put it on etc, I'm going to clean it up really well, and I"m debating painting it or doing something else. (prefferably in my price range which is a very limited budget)

Any suggestions?

I have a Por15 Sample kit which should enable me to cover the entire swingarm with a protective shell. (which is what I'm leaning towards doing) Should I then paint over it with some color to help it stand out, or just stick with a black? Also should I have it sand blasted before I apply the Por-15 product?

Amos

I have a Por15 Sample kit which should enable me to cover the entire swingarm with a protective shell. (which is what I'm leaning towards doing) Should I then paint over it with some color to help it stand out, or just stick with a black? Also should I have it sand blasted before I apply the Por-15 product?
    Assuming the arm is steel, I would blast it then have it powdercoated. Any color you like. I prefer black or charcoal grey for frames and swingarms, but that is up to you. The powdercoating is super tough and you should be able to get a swingarm done for less than $20 as a lunchtime job.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mark m

Assuming the arm is steel, I would blast it then have it powdercoated. Any color you like. I prefer black or charcoal grey for frames and swingarms, but that is up to you. The powdercoating is super tough and you should be able to get a swingarm done for less than $20 as a lunchtime job.

Mark
      $20 8O 8O 8O

I'd say that is within my budget (in a couple weeks of saving that is)

Guess I'll be looking for a place that does it. Would they also be able to blast it?

Amos

Comment

Working...
      X