No announcement yet.

The Official GS Brat, Tracker, Scrambler thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some pics of my '82 GS1100G I recently finished modding. Bought it not running, in pieces and completely stock. With dents and mismatched paint throughout.

Here it is after getting it home and piecing it most of the way together.

And how it sits now. The build only took two months or so.

Comment

Adam, your bike sound real good. Looking forward to seeing the final product.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Looking good and sounding great Adam. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person. Maybe next week I'll be able to run up and check it out. 👍
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
          Looking good and sounding great Adam. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person. Maybe next week I'll be able to run up and check it out. 👍
          Cool Norm. For the life of me I cannot get these brakes right.....I may have gotten a new but defective front master cylinder.....anyways, call me anytime. This weather has been borderline. Need more sunshine.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            Adam, your bike sound real good. Looking forward to seeing the final product.
            Thanks....I will have it all buttoned up soon. Took it for the very first "to the end of the road and back " mini test ride to make sure nothing went haywire.
            Running good.

Comment

That is beautiful. I plan on doing something similar with my GS850G.

I am a complete noob and have some questions if you don't mind.

Did you cut the exhaust? Did you have to do anything after you cut it or was it fine to run right away? How loud is it? I'd like mine to be louder but not obnoxious.

Also, what is the process for getting a seat like that? I know that is a big question, but some help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X