Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which one of these headlights do you guys like best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jabcb View Post
    Am certainly no expert.
    But its my understanding that prior to around 2000, DOT lighting standards called for something like 20% of the headlight output be directed toward overhead signs.
    And that headlights designed after the DOT standard change have better lighting patterns.

If the Truck-Lite is too expensive, than a good cheaper option worth considering would be a newer reflector + LED bulb.

Another plus for the Truck-Lite & JW Speaker headlights is that they are DOT compliant.
    When researching headlights for the cafe project, I was surprised at how many are “not for road use”, or “not for highway use, or …
    About the only ones that are DOT approved are an LED/Lense combination that is typically approaching $200+.
    Most everything else is "Off road" or "work light".

In the link I posted there were examples of high end lights with a step to create the flare of light to illuminate street signs far above the normal line of site to oncoming drivers.

I don't know why those photobucket links keep breaking, but there is a picture attached to this post with a high end "step".

Last edited by posplayr; 11-13-2015, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X