Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rearsets for an '80 GS850G...other similar models that would work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rearsets for an '80 GS850G...other similar models that would work?

I'm looking into rearsets for my '80 GS850Gt but see no actual listings for it...are there other like frames that will retrofit? I thought the '80 GS1000G had the same frame...but is it the same peg mounts too?...no?
    Just heard back from Terrozi and they said they don't have them for an '80 G/shaft, but I wonder if there simply wasn't a huge calling for these bikes and it might work anyway.
    Help......

Tagging along, as I am curious about this as well.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

Don't think there are many race type aftermarket parts for the 850..... the heavy, touring workhorse.
      They make a 4-1 exhaust for 850s. That's about as performance as you are gonna get for an aftermarket, bolt on , bike specific upgrade.
      Rear sets are going to be trial and error , custom fit by the owner.

Comment

I understand the "one off ness" of the neglected 850s compared to the other chain/sport models....but I have a hard time thinking that Suzuki made different peg mounts for the shaftys than the chain drives...I gotta believe they're common - just not nearly as thought of or done. I would think the 1000G would be the same.

Lets start with this then.... mine has horizontal bolts holding the shifter side on and angled brake peg bolts......is this common with any other '80s frames?
        If so, we'll compare bolt spacings next...

Comment

80 850G pegs 001.JPG

Here's my '80 GS850Gs shifter peg for reference....holes are roughly 1.750" on centers

Comment

80 850G pegs 002.jpg

Here's my '80 GS850Gs brake peg for reference...roughly 1.388 on centers - note the angled bolt mounts on this side, horizontal bolt mounts on the other side

Comment

Looking at Terrozis site, it almost looks like the model 03-0040 for the '79 1000S "might" work...hard to tell from just the views.

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                Don't think there are many race type aftermarket parts for the 850..... the heavy, touring workhorse.
                They make a 4-1 exhaust for 850s. That's about as performance as you are gonna get for an aftermarket, bolt on , bike specific upgrade.
                Rear sets are going to be trial and error , custom fit by the owner.
                I'm prepared for that - but I'd like to see if there's an unknown bolt on out there for a G model...something readily adaptable.
                As a back up plan, I already know that 6065 series aluminum has the same tensil strength as mild steel but a fraction of the weight...my thoughts were to make a new main attachment plate and use an ebay available full adjustable peg mount system where I'd have everything else I'd need and toss that main plate....well, that's the daydream for the moment.

Comment

Just sent an email off to Tarozzi Italy...at least I think it went thru...got a 404 error after sending from their site. Asked if they have, or can make, a set for the G models.
                  ...I don't give up too easily...inquiring minds wish to know...

Comment

100's and 850's have a different spacing fo the Raask rear sets. Somewhere on a shelf in the shop I have a set of Raask rear sets for an 850, That's how I know they will not bolt directly on a 1000 frame. For what it's worth the Raask sets use one foot pg bole and one engine mount bolt as opposed to the Tarozzi mounts that use both footpeg mount holes. i'll see if I can dig them out and post some pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankenzuki View Post
                      100's and 850's have a different spacing fo the Raask rear sets. Somewhere on a shelf in the shop I have a set of Raask rear sets for an 850, That's how I know they will not bolt directly on a 1000 frame. For what it's worth the Raask sets use one foot pg bole and one engine mount bolt as opposed to the Tarozzi mounts that use both footpeg mount holes. i'll see if I can dig them out and post some pics.
                      "G" model?...Possibly for sale?! {sheepish grin}

Comment

Working...
                      X