Fender options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fender options?

Hey Guys, I have a 1977 gs750 with an original chrome fender on the front in good condition. I would like to chop a fender down and paint it black but don't want to use the original. Do I have a lot of options with fenders or do I have to use an original? Sorry for the naive question.

Anything similar-sized and near the same year should work, just stay away from an "L" fender. They have a different angle to them to account for the leading axle offset.

Thanks for trying to keep a good fender "good", someone might have one that is slightly less-than-perfect they might swap with you.
    If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

I have the same bike as you; I put on a plastic front fender from an '82 750 with no issues. You may have to enlarge the mounting holes a bit to get another year fender to sit right, but it should be pretty easy.
      Regards,
      Jason

Comment

I have used this 19" fender on a couple vintage bike redo's because I didn't like the chrome front fender.

Comment

Thanks Guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Dub-K113 View Post
            Hey Guys, I have a 1977 gs750 with an original chrome fender on the front in good condition. I would like to chop a fender down and paint it black but don't want to use the original. Do I have a lot of options with fenders or do I have to use an original? Sorry for the naive question.
            Does that year GS750 use 35mm forks? If it uses the 37mm forks, here's a suggestion. I used a GS1100E front fender on my 850 - fits perfectly, and has a huge internal, stout steel brace inside it, that is quite invisible from outside. If it fits yours, it might be just what you're looking for - black (or multiple colours), plastic, 19".
            ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
            X