Makin the seat look good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makin the seat look good

I have a '81 gs550t, it has the stock seat on which suprisingly doesn't have any tears and is in perfect condition except for the fact that it is very dull. My bike has been repainted and is a gloss black and when i put the seat on it doesn't look so good. I was just wondering if anyone knows of something that i can use on it that will make it like a little darker/shinier, and doesn't make it slippery. Thanks
    Ray

Parade gloss black boot polish or almost any leather conditioner.
    Dink

Comment

Re: Makin the seat look good

Originally posted by rcr9521
      I have a '81 gs550t, it has the stock seat on which suprisingly doesn't have any tears and is in perfect condition except for the fact that it is very dull. My bike has been repainted and is a gloss black and when i put the seat on it doesn't look so good. I was just wondering if anyone knows of something that i can use on it that will make it like a little darker/shinier, and doesn't make it slippery. Thanks
      Ray
      Where in PA are you located?

I'd love to see your bike as I have an 81 550 t as well. Unfortunately, my seat has a rip in it, and the engine, well it's in bits, but I"m slowly working on that bit.

Amos

Comment

I live in Butler it's just north of Pittsburg.

Comment

*has so many fond memorys of butler county fairgrounds* I played the IAO there twice :-)
          You'd have to be crazy to be sane in this world -Nero
          If you love it, let it go. If it comes back....... You probably highsided.
          1980 GS550E (I swear it's a 550...)
          1982 GS650E (really, it's a 650)
          1983 GS550ES (42mpg again)
          1996 Yamaha WR250 (No, it's not a 4 stroke.)
          1971 Yamaha LT2 (9 horsepower of FURY.)

Comment

Originally posted by rcr9521
            I live in Butler it's just north of Pittsburg.
            Hmm.. That would be a little far to travel, unless..

I may have a road trip in the works, though not on the cycle.

Check out the thread in the meeting place forum that I have linked in my sig.

Amos

Comment

Working...
            X