pichler fairing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pichler fairing

I have a pichler fairing on my 1982 gs1100e that I belive is specifically for the bike ie side cover holes line up well and is mounted to it. I'm just wondering what it's worth actually cause ide hate to drop it if it's worth something plus not a huge fan of the look so yea just curious.
    Thanks Curtis
    20160320_152511.jpg
    Last edited by Guest; 05-16-2016, 12:40 AM.

I don't know the value but I think it looks good on that bike.
    Alan

sigpic
    Weaned on a '74 450 Honda
    Graduated to an '82 GS850GL
    Now riding an '83 GS1100GL
    Added an '82 GS1100GL

Comment

I don't know what it is worth but I am interested if you are selling. Feel free to send me a price.

Comment

Looks nice on the bike and it looks like it would be functional.
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Well positive feedback!! It's not to bad functionally it's about like my katana was I think I'll keep it but I'll be getting a round head light and maybe change between the two for bike shows/meets it's definitely something I've never seen before. It's one of the reasons I bought the bike in the first place plus I've wanted a gs11 for quite awhile so it was a no brainer to buy it. I guess maybe it hasn't grown on me yet.

Comment

If you can still find them new, then there's your cost/value.....if you can't, then add money.
            {try finding a good oem Kawi LTD snowmobile shield.....$$$}

edit- if/when you find a matching fairing, make sure your insurance agent is informed of that figure so if the worst happens, your covered...it might be lost then, but covered is better than nothing.
            Last edited by Guest; 05-19-2016, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Pichler were /are more common on the European market, but still not all that common, because of price. They vary - they could also produce things that didn't quite work too well, but that one there is one of the better ones.
              I'd put a Pichler on my XJ if I could find one at the right price.
              Last edited by Grimly; 05-27-2016, 05:23 AM.
              ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Good to know bob! Yea I can't find one for a gs anywhere! The only thing I don't like about it riding wise is my foot hits it as I'm taking it off the pegs to stop (which stopped my heart the first time) and also finding the pegs after take off haha plus I have big feet so I think I just need to get a custom to it.

Comment

I think it could be worth quite a bit. I think they still make the full fairings but perhaps not for an '82 gs11. Pichlers seemed to be directed more toward the BMW crowd. Like you I had a Pichler half fairing that I know must have been designed specifically for the gs11. It was designated the HVSB-4 and it was beautiful. Unfortunately I lost it seven years ago when some moron made a u-turn directly across my path. I would, if I was you, and especially since you're not that crazy about it's appearance, wash it, wax it, package it up nicely and store it. Those full Pichlers were over six hundred dollars new, and that was in the eighties. There will come a day when you'll be happy you did. My opinion, for what it's worth
                  Bix49

Comment

Man, I bet it gets hot behind that fairing. Try searching globally on eBay, you might find out what a relative value is. Remember though, with fairings it's only worth money to the very, and I mean VERY, few people that actually want them.
                    Rob
                    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Hi gang!

I just acquired a 1983 gs1100e that has a PICHLER fairing on it , never seen one on a Suzuki before. I did a little google searching , interesting companies. So it has a info badge with the name Kunststofftechnik on top and PICHLER under it. Strange looking thing , this one looks just like the original poster's - except painted red to match -
                      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Working...
                      X